Portland to Woodburn and back on a sunny day in Oregon

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chennu

Ever since I got my Leaf last month, i have been hankering to go on a longish trip and test the range.
Got the opportunity today. Packed the family (wife +4 year old) into the car and headed out on 26 and then I-5 to woodburn. A/C was on at 72F (it was 82 outside, per the gauge inside). range-o-meter claimed 103 miles on Eco.

was on Eco all the time.

Made it to woodburn (35 miles) with 5 bars down and 45 mile range remaining. so far so good.
enquired about charging there and apparently there are plans to put a couple of chargers, but none present.
Oh well..

3 hours later, hit the highway again, this time carefully eyeing the SOC and the range-o-meter. ran into traffic on I5 north. Discovered that crawling thru traffic at 10-20 miles/hr is actually better for battery life :)

duty-cycled the A/C to keep family on the edge of complainining (but it really did not seem to affect the range-o-meter). Wife also anxiously watch the range-o-meter (severe range anxiety!)

Long story short, made it home with 14 miles on the range-o-meter and 1 bar of charge.

Car is now charging :)

Fun in hindsight, but we reaally need the fast charger infrastructure for worry-less driving.. Duh.

I've been telling my wife to wait on shopping untill I get Leaf and we go to woodburn. but Nissan delayed me 3 months now:)
Still planning to use Leaf to go there, and it's great to know you made it, but I'll be departing from Hillsboro.
Lady in woodburn said by end of summer - they'd have chargers installed. that will mae woorburn trip worry-free. Otherwise with older battery - this will be out of reach

Back