Possible to override headlight turn-off timer?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nemrut

The factory preset for the headlight auto setting is 30sec and 1min. Is there a way to program headlights to automatically turn off in less than 30sec? This was possible on my Prius.

LEAF Navigation System Owner's Manual: Page 6-4

I believe that the timer starts after you power off the car and open and then close any of the doors.

I have mine set to 0 seconds and the lights turn off immediatley when I close the door after exiting.

popak said:
I believe that the timer starts after you power off the car and open and then close any of the doors.
I have mine set to 0 seconds and the lights turn off immediately when I close the door after exiting.

+1!

popak said:

I have mine set to 0 seconds and the lights turn off immediatley when I close the door after exiting.
It cracks me up that so much information is in the navigation manual like this and to remove the antenna before going through a car wash. It should be worked into the owner's manual.

shay said:
It cracks me up that so much information is in the navigation manual like this and to remove the antenna before going through a car wash. It should be worked into the owner's manual.

There's a whole add-on section in the maintenance manual on what to call the variable ratio automatic transmission. We should start a thread on all the stupid stuff in there.

TonyWilliams said:
There's a whole add-on section in the maintenance manual on what to call the variable ratio automatic transmission. We should start a thread on all the stupid stuff in there.

:?:

There is no variable ratio automatic transmission. LEAF has a single ratio reduction gear.

shay said:

Not all future LEAFs will have the nav system (think fleet vehicles like taxis). The settings are performed from the navigation system. Take away the navigation system, and other vehicle features will also go away. That's why they don't show up in the owner's manual.

Back