Post Your Order Details Here

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I placed an order today northeast of Cincinnati, OH for a Cayenne Red 2013 Leaf SL with the Premium Package and Floor Mats and Cargo Mats.

List Price was $36,910. Invoice was $34,528. Nissan VPP price for D Plan was 33,528.

This will be a dealer trade. Vehicle already invoiced, but not delivered to dealer. Expect delivery in a couple of weeks.

Dealer originally quoted $150 under invoice for VPP Plan, but later agreed that Nissan has special $1,000 under invoice for VPP pricing at this time.

Have not made up my mind whether 2 year lease, 3-year lease, 39-month lease and how much I will put down. I plan to do EVSE Upgrade to 240 at evseugrade.com for a few hundred bucks and maybe a hundred or two more for the electrician. My breaker box already located in the garage. Don't plan to mess with 220/240 myself.

kikbuti
Cincinnati, OH
2010 Nissan Maxima SL Crimson Black 37,000 miles lease ending in 2 months
2008 Land Rover HSE Black Wife's car 30,000 miles
2005 Jaguar S Type White, 35,000 miles For Sale

kikbuti said:
I placed an order today northeast of Cincinnati, OH for a Cayenne Red 2013 Leaf SL with the Premium Package and Floor Mats and Cargo Mats.

List Price was $36,910. Invoice was $34,528. Nissan VPP price for D Plan was 33,528.

This will be a dealer trade. Vehicle already invoiced, but not delivered to dealer. Expect delivery in a couple of weeks.

Dealer originally quoted $150 under invoice for VPP Plan, but later agreed that Nissan has special $1,000 under invoice for VPP pricing at this time.

Have not made up my mind whether 2 year lease, 3-year lease, 39-month lease and how much I will put down. I plan to do EVSE Upgrade to 240 at evseugrade.com for a few hundred bucks and maybe a hundred or two more for the electrician. My breaker box already located in the garage. Don't plan to mess with 220/240 myself.

::::::::::::::::;;;;;;;;;;:::::::::::::::

Recommend you be careful, especially if you decide to lease. The sales price of the vehicle is one of many numbers a dealer can juggle if you decide to lease. That number ALONE will not determine whether you get a good or bad deal on a lease, or even whether you get the VPP deal you deserve. I would not commit to the car until you get ALL the numbers and you've checked them out.

kikbuti said:

:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::;;:;;;;;;;;;;;;:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

Recommend you be careful, especially if you decide to lease. The sales price of the vehicle is one of many numbers a dealer can juggle if you decide to lease. That number ALONE will not determine whether you get a good or bad deal on a lease, or even whether you get the VPP deal you deserve on a lease. I would not commit to the the car until you get ALL the numbers and you've checked them out.

State : California
Metro area/city : Los Angeles

Color/trim: Black/SL
Options: Premium Package, leather interior
Accessories: Floor matts, splash guards

Total MSRP+destination charge: 37055
Total quote/price accepted (excluding tax/license): 33850
Total discount (or markup): 3205 (VPP Plan D)
Additional fees: 3415.13 (including tax)
Purchase or lease?: Purchase

Date/time of reservation: March 2013
Designated order month: April 2013

Dealer: Power Nissan of South Bay

Delivery date: 4/6/2013

Plans for home charging: Debating between Los Angeles DWP Time-Of-Use circuit, or plug into existing 220V/50A welder circuit.

Corina1231 said:
kikbuti said:

:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::;;:;;;;;;;;;;;;:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

Recommend you be careful, especially if you decide to lease. The sales price of the vehicle is one of many numbers a dealer can juggle if you decide to lease. That number ALONE will not determine whether you get a good or bad deal on a lease, or even whether you get the VPP deal you deserve on a lease. I would not commit to the the car until you get ALL the numbers and you've checked them out.

Thank you. This is good advice. BTDT. When I say been there done that, I mean dealer funny business with lease factors trying to squeeze a little more profit out of the deal. I was in the business for 12 years and I too tried to maximize profit on every deal. It's the nature of the beast. Dealers need you to pay as much as they can get out of you and you need to pay as little as you can get away with. It's the age old horse trading business. I don't whine about it. I just do my homework and do the math.

I ordered a 2013 SV with quick charge option on March 1st. Was told it would be about 4-6 weeks. Now I'm being told it will take about 11-12 weeks, because of a parts delay. wondering if anyone else has experienced this, and what they've been told is causing the delay. Thanks.

ahoffcole said:
I ordered a 2013 SV with quick charge option on March 1st. Was told it would be about 4-6 weeks. Now I'm being told it will take about 11-12 weeks, because of a parts delay. wondering if anyone else has experienced this, and what they've been told is causing the delay. Thanks.
Just curious. What state are you in and what dealer told you this? In the Bay Area CA. there are 32 such cars sitting on our 4 local lots with those exact specs. I've been watching sales and dozens more have been delivered here with those specs. Time to find a new dealer, I think.

I'm in IL. Thanks for your information. Something seems off, as I'm not reading anything about production delays.

Purchased a 2013 S model with charger package from Boulder Nissan in Boulder, CO. Pearl white with black cloth. Invoice was $29377. I paid 28377 (VPP Plan C - $1000). With dealer fees and tax it came out to $31327. I negotiated first two years of maintenance for free and purchased extended warranty (5 yr/60k) for $1499, though I'm not 100 percent sure I will keep it.

Financed through Nissan, 36 month, zero down, and 0.0%.

Made my first rnd trip commute today (34 mile) and used 30% of the battery. Couldn't be much happier so far. With the fed tax credit and CO tax credit, I could get the purchase price down to ~$20,000.

WMTribe90 said:
purchased extended warranty (5 yr/60k) for $1499, though I'm not 100 percent sure I will keep it.

Not so sure I'd recommend that much for an additional warranty; there's very little that can go wrong in an EV apart from the batteries and those are covered much longer. I've just crossed 28,000 mi and will likely not have much an issue besides range loss when I get to 60k, but quite literally YMMV.

TimeHorse said:
WMTribe90 said:
purchased extended warranty (5 yr/60k) for $1499, though I'm not 100 percent sure I will keep it.

Not so sure I'd recommend that much for an additional warranty; there's very little that can go wrong in an EV apart from the batteries and those are covered much longer. I've just crossed 28,000 mi and will likely not have much an issue besides range loss when I get to 60k, but quite literally YMMV.

That was my thought and why I initially rejected any extended warranty. The dealer countered that any repairs will be expensive because the techs need special training and pretty much anything that needs repair will be costly because it will be electrical/computerized in nature. He also took $300 off the extended warranty price. Is there merit to the dealer's argument?

Bit of a catch 22 IMO. The car shouldn't need repairs because it doesn't have the heat, moving parts, fluids, etc. of an ICE, but any repairs it does need will be more costly than work on an ICE.
Perhaps I could wait and see how some of the older Leafs out there do over the next year or so and then cancel the extended warranty (pro-rated back to me) if no major issues surface?

WMTribe90 said:
TimeHorse said:
WMTribe90 said:
That was my thought and why I initially rejected any extended warranty. The dealer countered that any repairs will be expensive because the techs need special training and pretty much anything that needs repair will be costly because it will be electrical/computerized in nature. He also took $300 off the extended warranty price. Is there merit to the dealer's argument?

Bit of a catch 22 IMO. The car shouldn't need repairs because it doesn't have the heat, moving parts, fluids, etc. of an ICE, but any repairs it does need will be more costly than work on an ICE.
Perhaps I could wait and see how some of the older Leafs out there do over the next year or so and then cancel the extended warranty (pro-rated back to me) if no major issues surface?
Battery issues aside, if your on-board charger (OBC) goes out it would be quite expensive to repair. Any of the electronic systems could also be difficult to repair and the time it takes to replace the heater element seems as if it would be costly.

From my reading here we can purchase an extended warranty up to the expiration of the main (three year?) warranty. And there are some dealers that give much better deals than others (you don't have to get it from a local dealer); the one mentioned most is Santa Rosa Nissan. You ought to be able to beat that price you paid by a lot.

An old thread on the subject:
http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=3426" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Some newer threads on the subject:
http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=9438&start=0" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=11939&start=0" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Some people here consider it a waste of money. Others consider it useful insurance on new technology that really can only be serviced at LEAF-certified Nissan dealers.

From my reading here we can purchase an extended warranty up to the expiration of the main (three year?) warranty. And there are some dealers that give much better deals than others (you don't have to get it from a local dealer); the one mentioned most is Santa Rosa Nissan. You ought to be able to beat that price you paid by a lot.

An old thread on the subject:
http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=3426" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Some newer threads on the subject:
http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=9438&start=0" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=11939&start=0" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Some people here consider it a waste of money. Others consider it useful insurance on new technology that really can only be serviced at LEAF-certified Nissan dealers.

Thanks, good info, knowing I can opt out of this warranty now and wait until the standard 3 yr warranty is winding down to opt back in (hopefully at a lower price) makes this an easy call. A lot more will be known in three years regarding how well the Leaf ages.

DougWantsALeaf said:
Just got our Leaf, a 2013 SV on a 24 month lease, $191 with 2K down.

Congrats. Now you need to change your username to "DougGotALeaf" as well as update your delivery date ;)

DougWantsALeaf said:
No kidding. I am in IT, and even so, the Navigation manual seems daunting in terms of size.
I never needed to read the manual because I have been a forum member for years! :) Love the off the radio, Map Map Map, Radio On, Radio Off, Map trick.

acegreatone said:
i walk in i ask for a 2013 leaf sl.

Why walk in? Now try this:

http://www.cars.com/for-sale/searchresults.action?sf1Dir=DESC&mkId=20077&mdId=35968&zc=10001&PMmt=1-1-1&stkTypId=28880&sf2Dir=ASC&sf1Nm=price&sf2Nm=location&trId=24880&rpp=50&feedSegId=28705&searchSource=GEO_SEARCH&crSrtFlds=stkTypId-feedSegId-mkId-mdId-trId&pgId=2102&rd=75" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

14 dealers to send a message to within 75 miles of NYC. Some of the longer distances would require a stop in the middle for charging, depending on where on Long Island you are. If you can find a place to spend a few hours on the way home and pick up some extra electrons, no problem.. Or if you don't want to bother with that, arrange for a flatbed truck delivery. I'd bet that one of these dealers will make a better offer.

WetEV said:
acegreatone said:
i walk in i ask for a 2013 leaf sl.

Why walk in? Now try this:

http://www.cars.com/for-sale/searchresults.action?sf1Dir=DESC&mkId=20077&mdId=35968&zc=10001&PMmt=1-1-1&stkTypId=28880&sf2Dir=ASC&sf1Nm=price&sf2Nm=location&trId=24880&rpp=50&feedSegId=28705&searchSource=GEO_SEARCH&crSrtFlds=stkTypId-feedSegId-mkId-mdId-trId&pgId=2102&rd=75" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

14 dealers to send a message to within 75 miles of NYC. Some of the longer distances would require a stop in the middle for charging, depending on where on Long Island you are. If you can find a place to spend a few hours on the way home and pick up some extra electrons, no problem.. Or if you don't want to bother with that, arrange for a flatbed truck delivery. I'd bet that one of these dealers will make a better offer.
Thanks I'm going to try this out and let you know how it goes. Thankd again

Back