Post Your Order Details Here

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow those are some great deals, here in San Diego we are paying $13K to $14,500 for 2013 Model S depending on mileage. My 2013 S with 25K miles was 13K and it came with the The Quick Charge Package 6.6 kW onboard charger, Quick Charge Port and RearView Monitor and it had new tires. I was pretty happy but I would have killed for deal like yours even if you have to add the rear view camera. :!:

Dealer: Round Rock Nissan, Round Rock TX

SV with QC and LED headlights, selected from on-hand stock

Leased: 3000$ down / 259$/mo

Leaf SL Silver 2015 Leased for 36 moths with 12K per year
Bumper protector, All weather Mats, Wheel lock, Mud flaps

Priced 36500
Negotiated Price 34500
Other Charges - I cant remember

Nissan Discount 12600
Federal discount 7500
GA Discount 5000 ( Tax credit when I file taxes)
Trade in 4500
Down payment 0

Monthly payments 272/month

Don't know if this is a good or bad deal but I am happy with the car. Bought it last minute as my Acura was dying and Georgia tax credit was expiring that day.

Was planning on buying a used one, but the deal for a new one seems too good to pass up.

2015 Leaf S Blue + 6.6 + quick charger.
MSRP of 32k. Priced at 23.5k -> 26.5k including tax and license. 0% financing for 6 years.

Plus will get 7.5k from Fed and 2.5k from CA.

0% financing seems like it is worth ~4k (5% * 26.5k * 6/2 years).

I know the 2016 will have the option for a bigger battery, but that is going to MSRP out at 36k and I doubt the dealer is going to knock 8.5k off the price. Plus, don't really need the added range (I hope).

We were tempted to do a new one but our household income puts us out of the running for the CA $2500 incentive.

Plus we live in a temperate climate so the lizard battery doesn't do much for us.

We just picked up a really sweet one owner, no accidents, clear title 2013 SL with Bose/AroundView having less than 5,500 miles for $14k + tax from a private party in Orange County, CA. Already had CA HOV lane stickers too. This is our second Leaf and serves as our "around town" kid hauler.

The original owner took a 63% (56% net of taxes and credits) depreciation haircut on this car, which is practically brand new. Really amazing how much value we're getting.

We had the local dealer do a battery information report and complete inspection; only flaw was the battery had a demerit for "long term parking with high state of charge." That somewhat conflicted with the owner's statement that he mostly charged to 80%. The car hadn't ever been quickcharged.

So about as cherry as they get.

I had alerts set up on the websites (cars.com and autotrader.com) for 3 months before the right one came up. There are a few dealers that are importing these cars from out of state. Carfax is worth its weight in gold as it saved me a ton of trips - no sense in buying a TX, AZ or New Mexico car or one registered in the Inland Empire.

Good luck in the hunt!

I don't think CA income comes into play until later this year.
It was proposed in June/July and will take 4-6 months to take affect.

jlsf said:
I don't think CA income comes into play until later this year.
It was proposed in June/July and will take 4-6 months to take affect.

The change, which excludes individuals that make over $250k and households that make over $500k from the EV credits, was proposed and approved last legislative session. It went into effect July 1 2015.

http://www.edmunds.com/car-news/california-ev-rebates-now-based-on-income.html

Individuals with annual incomes above $250,000 or families with more than $500,000 in annual income are no longer eligible for the rebates for EVs and plug-in hybrids but still can qualify for the state's standard $5,000 rebate for a fuel-cell electric vehicle such as the upcoming Toyota Mirai.

EvieInCA said:
The change, which excludes individuals that make over $250k and households that make over $500k from the EV credits, was proposed and approved last legislative session. It went into effect July 1 2015.

Individuals with annual incomes above $250,000 or families with more than $500,000 in annual income are no longer eligible for the rebates for EVs and plug-in hybrids but still can qualify for the state's standard $5,000 rebate for a fuel-cell electric vehicle such as the upcoming Toyota Mirai.

Yeah, if you go to the actual rebate site:
https://energycenter.org/clean-vehicle-rebate-project
The income-based plan does state a start date of July 1st, and was approved in late June, but will not go into affect for 4-6 months.

State : Colorado
Metro area/city : Denver

Color/trim: New 2015 Black SV
Options: QC Package, Protection Package
Accessories: Floor Mats, Cargo Cover, cargo mat

Total MSRP+destination charge: $34435+ $850 ($35285)
Total quote/price accepted: $26000 out the door
Purchase or lease?: Purchase with 72 month financing from Nissan at 0%

Dealer: Boulder Nissan

Delivery date: July 25, 2015

Home charge: trickle for now

Happy!

jlsf said:
EvieInCA said:

Yeah, if you go to the actual rebate site:
https://energycenter.org/clean-vehicle-rebate-project
The income-based plan does state a start date of July 1st, and was approved in late June, but will not go into affect for 4-6 months.

Good info. Thanks for sharing!

State : Oregon
Metro area/city : Portland

Color/trim: New 2015 Silver S
Options:
Accessories: Floor Mats, cargo mat, Splash Guards, Hologram Kick Plates

Total MSRP+destination charge: $30360
Total quote/price accepted: $21587 out the door (Includes $424 License, Title and Registration)

Dealer: Nissan Of Portland

Delivery date: Aug 5, 2015

Spent exactly 21 minutes at the dealership signing paperwork before I got the keys and drove off! By far the easiest auto transaction I have ever had. I worked with Carlos Torres in the Internet Sales dept., and would recommend him. Had no haggling with the quote, which was competitive to other quotes I had gotten in the area.

morlglums said:

Options:

Total quote/price accepted: $21587 out the door (Includes $424 License, Title and Registration)

Spent exactly 21 minutes at the dealership signing paperwork before I got the keys and drove off! By far the easiest auto transaction I have ever had. I worked with Carlos Torres in the Internet Sales dept., and would recommend him. Had no haggling with the quote, which was competitive to other quotes I had gotten in the area.

Thanks! I leased my 2013 from them and was happy with the experience. That's a good price. I had no idea they were going that low. Makes me possibly reconsider buying out my 2013. :D

pkulak said:
morlglums said:

Options:

Thanks! I leased my 2013 from them and was happy with the experience. That's a good price. I had no idea they were going that low. Makes me possibly reconsider buying out my 2013. :D

I was in the same situation. I had extended my 2013 lease and was considering purchasing it with a reduced residual. With the current deals, it was only ~$1500 for new 2015!

I had my pre-turn in inspection this week and will return my 2013 soon. (No extra wear and tear reported. My impression was they were only looking for big/obvious dents or dings...)

-m

Purchased from the lot

State : Colorado
Metro area/city : Greeley

Color/trim: New 2015 Gun Mettallic/SL
Options: Premium, Splash Guards, Mats Foor and Cargo
Accessories: Dealer Theft protection (whatever that is)

Total MSRP+destination charge: $38,257.00
Total quote/price accepted (excluding tax/license): $29,443.70
Total discount (or markup): $8,813.3
Additional fees: Taxes $2,189
Purchase or lease?: Purchase, Nissan financing, 0% down, 6yr 0% APR

Dealer: Greeley Nissan

Delivery date: 8/14/15

Plans for home charging: L2 JuiceBox GRN 40

I had been planning on purchasing using https://www.fightingchance.com suggestions at the end of the month but one of the dealers I had previously emailed sent me a message asking if I was still interested and gave me the above price, I bought it that evening.

After the Federal and State Tax rebates of about $12,700, I just purchased a new EV vehicle for $18,930 (taxes included) with 0% down and 0% APR for six years ($439/month). I forgot to take a check to the dealer but didn't even need it!

State : CA
Metro area/city : Orange County

Color/trim: Used 2013 Blue Ocean Nissan Leaf SV 19K Miles
Options: Premium
Accessories: Home Charger, Splash Guards, Mats Floor and Cargo

Total MSRP+destination charge: $31,820
Total quote/price accepted (excluding tax/license): 9,999$
Total discount (or markup): Discount of 2,000$; the car is worth a little more than I bought it for
Additional fees: none
Purchase or lease?: Purchase with 72 month financing

Date/time of reservation: August 14, 2015
Designated order month: August
First date able to request a quote (RAQ): June 1, 2015
Actual order date (when quote was accepted): August 14, 2015

Dealer: SC Motors of Placentia CA

Delivery date: 8/14/2015

Plans for home charging: None, pay for Service. I live in an apartment so that's a negative.

State : Wisconsin
Metro area/city : Sussex / Waukesha

Color/trim: Silver
Options: 6.6 kW Onboard Charger

charge: 240 Volt 30 Amp L6-30 w/7-day programmable timer (time of use)

Total quote/price accepted (excluding tax/license): $31,600
Total discount (or markup): $11,650 (includes $2,500 Used Vehicle incentive)
Purchase or lease?: Purchased

Dealer: Boucher Nissan Waukesha

Delivery date: 01/08/2015

Plans for home charging: 240 Volt 30 Amp L6-30 w/7-day programmable timer (time of use)

State: CA
Metro area/city : SF

Color/trim: New Blue 2015 S (9 miles on the ODO, manufactured May 2015, VIN ends in 333216)
Options: Charge package
Accessories: Floor Mats, cargo mat, Splash Guards

Total MSRP+destination charge: $32k
Total quote/price accepted: $27k (- $5K from NMAC + about $3k in tax/license/registration) --> 25K total out the door, without any haggling
Purchase or lease?: Purchase with 60 month financing from Nissan at 0%, $1500 down (downpayment wasn't required)

Dealer: SF Nissan (Jamal & Marcus -- everyone was nice, though the extended warranty spiel from the finance guy was a bit much)
Going back tomorrow since they forgot my EZ charge card.

Delivery date: Aug 28, 2015

Loving it!!

Hi,

Still debating to jump into the electric car bandwagon. Got an offer for $10k off MSRP for LEAF SL (on top of state/federal credits). Is this a good deal? Should I go for it?

Thanks!

sungoldbox said:
Hi,

Still debating to jump into the electric car bandwagon. Got an offer for $10k off MSRP for LEAF SL (on top of state/federal credits). Is this a good deal? Should I go for it?
Thanks!
It's like you're asking the patrons of "Bubba Jeb's Pour&Pees" if they think beer is a "Good ThingTM", you realize, posing that question here... :)

Browse this forum for a couple hours and you should turn up scads of discussions of the pros and cons of EV driving, and an appreciation for the differing priorities of EV drivers. One thing that's fairly telling, I think, is the huge disparity between folks reporting that they've been very pleasantly surprised by the EV experience, vs. those claiming to have been disappointed.

Back