Press button to check?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TickTock

Completely inane question but it's been bugging me for some time. When I hit LBW, sometimes the Leaf cyber-chick just says "Low Battery Charge", other times she says "Low Battery Charge, Press Button to Check." Anyone figure out what the criteria for the additional comment is?

I always thought she always says "low battery charge" but at the VLBW she says "very low battery, would you like to find a nearby charge station?" or something like that. You are getting something different?

Yes. At VLBW, I get a different message. Something like "Very Low Battery Charge, Look for the nearest charging station?" But that isn't what I am asking about. For LBW, I get one of two different messages. I usually hit LBW at the same time (on the way home from picking up my son from practice) and my son says the message with her (just to be twelve). That is how it became clear that the Leaf sometimes goes "off book" :)

I always get "Low Battery Charge, Press Button to Check" at LBW. In fact, my wife and I always get a chuckle out of the Press Button comment...

VLBW adds the query to search for charging stations...

TickTock said:
Completely inane question but it's been bugging me for some time. When I hit LBW, sometimes the Leaf cyber-chick just says "Low Battery Charge", other times she says "Low Battery Charge, Press Button to Check." Anyone figure out what the criteria for the additional comment is?

What does pressing the button check? Is it not sure if you are really @ LBW and wants you to initiate a double check?

Just got my LEAF and haven't hit LBW yet...

Philip

I just assumed "check" was just a bad translation of whatever the Japanese word for Acknowledge is. I would say we *usually* get the "Press button to check" follow-on, but she fairly frequently leaves us hanging.

Not a darn thing, which is what makes it so funny. All it does is clear the LBW message on the instrument panel display screen...

philipscoggins said:
What does pressing the button check? Is it not sure if you are really @ LBW and wants you to initiate a double check?
Philip

TomT said:
Not a darn thing, which is what makes it so funny. All it does is clear the LBW message on the instrument panel display screen...

philipscoggins said:
Philip
Are you sure, Tom? I thought it checked the oil...could be wrong! :D

TickTock said:
So... am I the only person who observed a truncated version of the LBW message?
I think I sometimes (always?) just get "Low battery charge." I'll need to pay more attention in the future to see if/when she references the button.

TickTock said:
So... am I the only person who observed a truncated version of the LBW message?
No, you are not. When getting home on a recent cold night was a sure thing, I cranked up the heat at my wife's request and soon got the shorter message. I pressed the button to clear the screen. Haven't been to VLBW is a long time, so I can't say for sure what we hear there.

"Low battery charge. Press button to check <charging stations near by>".

The words, 'charging stations near by' has been left out.. that is my guess.

Yes, I always assumed I was being invited to press the button on the wheel or the screen to check for nearby charging stations. I think the one on the screen actually appears at the same time and might even be labeled "check".

I've been to LBW more than 80 times, and I don't remember ever getting anything other than the short but sweetly intoned, "Low battery charge." The dash display changes at that time, but I don't see any popup on the center console. Maybe because I never really dismissed the power on popup?

Ray

I just got a LBW tonight (they are more frequent as it gets colder). If I recall correctly, the only button is the show button on the upper left of the touchscreen. Show reveals another screen that, despite being in LBW, shows VLBW. It also shows GOM miles, miles saved by disabling climate control, and a button to find nearby charging stations.

It's funny this thread is here because when I heard the voice, I was thinking the same thing. I've heard this alert a million times. What button? To check what?

Back