Printing a service manual from nissan-techinfo.com

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dougie

Has anyone tried printing out the complete service manual for their car from the nissan-technifo.com site? That seems to be the official source for the manuals, and I understand that you have to pay to get to them. My question is about whether the .pdf files are organized in a way so that they can be printed out for future reference. I'm wanting to have something I can look at a decade or more from now... :)

It depends upon the model year--manuals for older models were stored in a group of PDF files. Manuals for newer models are stored in a format the uses a browser, but you can search and print individual pages. The easiest way is to spend the money for the CD so you can look at it whenever you need without a subscription.

Dougie said:
Has anyone tried printing out the complete service manual for their car from the nissan-technifo.com site? That seems to be the official source for the manuals, and I understand that you have to pay to get to them. My question is about whether the .pdf files are organized in a way so that they can be printed out for future reference. I'm wanting to have something I can look at a decade or more from now... :)

At least for the ones I have (through 2015), the PDFs are basically grouped by subsystem, and there's one .pdf called "FWD.PDF" (Foreward), which shows the sequence of the other sections. So yes you could physically print the entire manual if you wanted. But keep in mind some of the individual sections are HUGE in and of themselves. The Audio,Visual and Navigation system .pdf by itself is nearly 600 pages, Brakes is over 500 pages, etc... I may print out a few of the relevant pages for whatever I'm doing; otherwise if I need more of the reference material at the car, I put the files on a tablet.

I understand your desire for permanence, and to that end I recommend to any computer user with important files -- have a backup system that includes both onsite and offsite backups of everything that's important to you. My oldest PDF is from 1997. The format is not going away any time soon :) I have many paper documents from that time that are lost to history.

Back