Projected Delivery Variations - SF Peninsula

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

baumgrenze

We are waiting for delivery of a Glacier Pearl 2012 SL which we ordered on 8/15/11. The initial prediction was for delivery in November, then it changed to December, on 11/13/11 it was predicted for the week of 11/28, today it is predicted for the week of 12/03. What experience have others had when the projected week actually arrives?

Does anyone have solid facts regarding the production completion, shipping and delivery process to dealers? It must take several weeks to a month from the end of the production line to delivery in what, the Port of Oakland?

What is the status of the $5000 California Rebate as of the end of November 2011? I saw a report in late July suggesting that the program was funded with enough cash to last another 6 months. Have those who took delivery recently received it?

We are 'making progress.' Our EV Project charging dock is scheduled for installation on Monday.

Thanks,

baumgrenze

CA Rebate is down to $2500

http://energycenter.org/index.php/incentive-programs/clean-vehicle-rebate-project/cvrp-eligible-vehicles" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Call your dealer and see if the car has been invoiced to them yet. Also, they should be able to go into Nissan's national/regional delivery web site and see exactly what's happening with it. Usually you get an email from Nissan when the car is on the truck ready to leave the Port of Long Beach (May deliveries experience).

I'm in SJ and my experience is similar to yours, ordered in early august, my delivery dates bounced around since nov 1 exactly the same dates as yours. My dealer called me friday night to say it just rolled in on the truck....took them all day to prep, we pick up in 30 mins (woo hoo!!!). I never received a 7-day email when it left the port of long beach.

And here's the page with the status re California rebates:

http://energycenter.org/index.php/incentive-programs/clean-vehicle-rebate-project/cvrp-program-status" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Our experience with the CA rebate: CCSE probably received our rebate application on August 18th or 19th. They had already run out of $ from the previous funds so we were placed on a waiting list along with others until the new funds were approved, then received by them. Their estimated week of rebate issued for our August application was November 28th. We received it the day after Thanksgiving... Nov 25th. A little bit before estimate...sweet! Your wait for the CA rebate will be alot shorter since the funding is in place and they're quickly processing the waitlisters.

Although your delivery date keeps bouncing around, it sounds like it should arrive any day! Best of wishes and hope you'll enjoy yours as much as we do ours! We can totally relate to the upset EV drivers of the crushed EV1s, RAV4s, etc...

I ordered through Premier Nissan of San Jose and had my date bounce around from November 18th to the 24 and back several times. It has stayed on Nov 18th for several weeks now, and still no sign of the car. I called Nissan and they said it has been at the port of Long Beach since Nov 5th and still has not moved. What's the deal?

honkbahh said:
I ordered through Premier Nissan of San Jose and had my date bounce around from November 18th to the 24 and back several times. It has stayed on Nov 18th for several weeks now, and still no sign of the car. I called Nissan and they said it has been at the port of Long Beach since Nov 5th and still has not moved. What's the deal?

Some things never change :) This is pretty much exactly what all the early adopters experienced (if they had a good experience and not a truly horrendous one). My boss ordered his leaf 2 weeks after me from the same dealership, and took delivery several months before I did.

But never fear, you will love it when it comes.

honkbahh said:
The best I could tell from the debacle last spring, it seems that if your car can't be completed for any reason at all when it's turn comes up, you get put into a limbo where the car gets done when/if they get around to it. Be a squeaky wheel...but it might not do you much good.

Followup post to bring closure.

We took delivery on 12/7/11 and have been enjoying the car ever since, save for a tire failure at mile 7. Watch out for small flaws in the road. You do not have very much sidewall on your sexy lower profile tires. You may not even notice the bump, just the flat tire and ruined tire.

Back