Quick Charge Power shuts down

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
KeiJidosha said:
I'll pledge $300.00.

For folks who don't know, he does even have a quick charge capable car!!!!

Thanks for being one of the greats.

Tony

QuickChargePowerLogo.jpg

Yep, kickstarter got my son in law's 1st country music album produced by one of the top producers ($20ish thousand) and marketed. Not a bad idea!

With my recovery from major surgery last week proceeding very well, it is time for me to take stock of what is important to me for the immediate future. I will be able to resume driving my LEAF end of next week. I am very grateful.

I hereby pledge $3,000.

tbleakne said:
With my recovery from major surgery last week proceeding very well, it is time for me to take stock of what is important to me for the immediate future. I will be able to resume driving my LEAF end of next week. I am very grateful.

I hereby pledge $3,000.

Glad to hear things are going well, and congrats on being the largest donor so far.

$8,400 total to date.

pchilds said:
TonyWilliams said:
$8500, slightly less than two weeks on this pledge drive.

What is the deadline for pledges?

To be in the exclusive "Founder's Circle" with your name on every single charger we own, Sept 23, 2012.

That's when we hope to have reached the goal, and official acquisition of the first operating public DC quick charger in all of California.

FIRST IN CALIFORNIA - Power to the People !

JeremyW said:
I'll pledge $100 :)

I've been a little busy this week, but I will get back to rounding up some more cash! Thank you Jeremy!!!

$8600

I'll be making my pledge on National Plug In Day, this Sunday. I should have all the proper accounting done next week, so we get turn those pledges into charging infrastructure.

First, hello there!
I've been reading on MNL since the beginning of the year, and in part thanks to you guys, last April, after >20 years of driving, I bought my first new car, a 2012 Leaf SL. I love it.
All this time though I never felt I had something important or interesting enough to write as first post. Well, here it is.

I pledge 1000$.

The current situation here in California is a disgrace, so I really welcome this initiative. Even though I won't benefit directly, I have every reason to support it.
IMHO quick-charging essentially erases what is probably the main weakness of EVs: limited range. Alternatives like battery swapping, or requiring every vehicle to lug along a gas engine or a larger battery, are much more expensive overall. Quick charging makes affordable EVs viable. It makes sense.

Go Tony, go!

(and please try and come to us in NorCal soon -- no demand fees up here) ;)

MrO said:
First, hello there!
I've been reading on MNL since the beginning of the year, and in part thanks to you guys, last April, after >20 years of driving, I bought my first new car, a 2012 Leaf SL. I love it.
All this time though I never felt I had something important or interesting enough to write as first post. Well, here it is.

I pledge 1000$.

(and please try and come to us in NorCal soon -- no demand fees up here) ;)

Woo Hoo !!! $9600 total.

Yes, I do have plans for NorCal, and if I never said it here, I lived in the east bay (Fremont) for 10 years while I was an air traffic controller at Oakland Air Route Traffic Control Center. We controlled 9% of the earth's surface, although admittedly, lots of that was the Pacific Ocean.

I am very familiar with the entire state, as I lived in Sacramento also, Ventura county, Orange County, and the last 14 years in San Diego.

This Sunday is right around the corner! If you want your name on the founders list, your pledge must be made by Sunday at 11:59pm, PDT. I hope everybody attends their local National Plug In Day event, and take your skeptical neighbor or brother in law.

Tony

Back