Radio/Nav Sometimes Does Not Work

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ed5000

I have a 2011 SL Leaf I just bought last month which I just love but about a week after I bought it I notice that the radio and nav screen locks up and I can't adjust anything through the touch screen or side buttons except, for the on/off button on the lower left. The radio will just play away with no way to change the channel or adjust the volume. Control will usually return after 5 or 10 minutes of driving and sometimes sooner.

Has anyone come across this problem before?

Didn't want to leave you hanging without any response...we have had a very small number of folks with apparently defective radio/nav units. Funnily enough they seem to be cropping up more now that cars are falling out of warranty, and that is one expensive replacement item ($3,000! :shock: ). The current part number is 25915-3NA1B for all but very early build 2011s (10/2010-2/2011), in which case the part number is 25915-3NA0A.

Have you tried disconnecting the 12V battery for a couple of minutes, to see what that might do?

If that is of no help and you don't have an extended warranty on your car, I would start looking for a used unit. Used prices on car-part.com start at around $1,000.

mwalsh said:
Didn't want to leave you hanging without any response...we have had a very small number of folks with apparently defective radio/nav units. Funnily enough they seem to be cropping up more now that cars are falling out of warranty, and that is one expensive replacement item ($3,000! :shock: ). The current part number is 25915-3NA1B for all but very early build 2011s (10/2010-2/2011), in which case the part number is 25915-3NA0A.

Have you tried disconnecting the 12V battery for a couple of minutes, to see what that might do?

If that is of no help and you don't have an extended warranty on your car, I would start looking for a used unit. Used prices on car-part.com start at around $1,000.
Thanks! It's worth a try. I was also thinking of looking at the memory card. Maybe take it out and clean the contacts with an eraser?

ed5000 said:
mwalsh said:
Thanks! It's worth a try. I was also thinking of looking at the memory card. Maybe take it out and clean the contacts with an eraser?

Used bargain on eBay right now. The part number (according to the pictures in the auction...not the auction title, so be careful) is 25915-3NA1A, which should mean that it's good for a 2011/2012 LEAF, non-Bose sound system, with a build date after 12/2011:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2012-13-Nissan-Leaf-OEM-Nav-Radio-25915-3NF03-/301549468110?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&fits=Make%3ANissan|Model%3ALeaf&hash=item4635bfb9ce&vxp=mtr" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Back