Rainbow of LEAFs - See the colors

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

richard

5051561590_66f8dd8b3a_z.jpg

Cayenne Red (NAH)

5051560106_150c5a28cb_z.jpg

Brilliant Silver (K23)

5050935331_0205049817_z.jpg

Blue Ocean (RAT)

5050939289_61ff4fcea6_z.jpg

Glacier Pearl (QX1)

5051557260_d296dddc78_z.jpg

Super Black (KH3)

Photos taken at Alt Car in Santa Monica on Saturday.

For larger versions or other photos we took doing the Drive Electric tour, check out this Flickr set: http://www.flickr.com/photos/kf6oak/sets/72157625094142160/

The silver LEAF had the sun shining at a different angle. It's not as flat as it looks here. It is a bit less metallic than VW Reflex Silver

White still the best color to maintain, as well as Silver, but I just got tired of silver in my two previous cars.

Since it might be otherwise difficult to capture in pics (haven't noticed it yet, anyways), is there any hint of metallic to the red paint?

TLeaf said:
Since it might be otherwise difficult to capture in pics (haven't noticed it yet, anyways), is there any hint of metallic to the red paint?

I didn't look at the red closely enough to say. It did strike me as being a bit darker than I had thought, almost approaching burgundy.

EVDRIVER said:
Nice photos, these should be placed under the "photos" section.
Off-Topic.
It does no good to tell us what you think, we cannot move it.
Can you?

Although this thread contains pictures (like many other threads do), they are here to help our DISCUSSION of the LEAF's colors.

TLeaf said:

I think all the colors are metallic except that black. And it even might be...I just didn't look at a black car at all.

And the red color is more of a wine color. I wouldn't go as far as to say burgundy but, yes, wine. The problem is that it seems to color shift between light and dark, depending on the light.

BTW, the colors you see on the monitor are not the real colors. There are so many things that can go wrong in the camera & monitor - i terms of white balance, monitor color calibration etc. ...

richard said:
TLeaf said:

I didn't look at the red closely enough to say. It did strike me as being a bit darker than I had thought, almost approaching burgundy.

I find that comment interesting about being burgundy. I looked at that exact color today on a 2011 Rogue and I will absolutely tell you that it isn't burgundy or red. The color is called Cayenne Red, like cayenne pepper. In the sun, it is not red or burgundy at all, but a very light copper color with metallic. In the shade, it looks more burgundy and you can't see the metallic very well. It's the most beautiful color I've seen so far. Has anyone been able to change their color after ordering? I called today and they have to escalate it which means at least 2 more days.

richard said:
5051561590_66f8dd8b3a_z.jpg

Cayenne Red (NAH)

5051560106_150c5a28cb_z.jpg

Brilliant Silver (K23)

5050935331_0205049817_z.jpg

Blue Ocean (RAT)

5050939289_61ff4fcea6_z.jpg

Glacier Pearl (QX1)

5051557260_d296dddc78_z.jpg

Super Black (KH3)

Photos taken at Alt Car in Santa Monica on Saturday.

For larger versions or other photos we took doing the Drive Electric tour, check out this Flickr set: http://www.flickr.com/photos/kf6oak/sets/72157625094142160/

The silver LEAF had the sun shining at a different angle. It's not as flat as it looks here. It is a bit less metallic than VW Reflex Silver

For all those people considering Cayenne Red, it looks NOTHING like this photo when it is in the sun. In the sun, it is a light copper color with metallic. In the shade, it looks like a burgundy, not red at all like this photo. If you want to see, it is on the 2011 Rogue (which I saw today) and the 2011 Juke. It's absolutely beautiful!

Glad to hear this - Cayenne Red is the color I put on my reservation. I'll look for one of those cars to see the color for myself. Thanks for the post.

leaffan said:
For all those people considering Cayenne Red, it looks NOTHING like this photo when it is in the sun. In the sun, it is a light copper color with metallic. In the shade, it looks like a burgundy, not red at all like this photo. If you want to see, it is on the 2011 Rogue (which I saw today) and the 2011 Juke. It's absolutely beautiful!

TLeaf said:

Not a hint. I'd say more like a screem
:D

Yes, theres oodles and oodles of crunchy sparkely metallic in the red. I'm still going with the pearl white. Cops - they LOVE to nail the red cars. Good luck with that.
:lol:

hill said:
TLeaf said:

Not a hint. I'd say more like a screem
:D

Yes, theres oodles and oodles of crunchy sparkely metallic in the red. I'm still going with the pearl white. Cops - they LOVE to nail the red cars. Good luck with that.
:lol:

Actually, they like bright RED cars, not copper-colored ones, LOL. It only looks kind of red or burgundy in the shade. I can't speak for CA, but here, as long as you stay at least 9 below the speed limit, your chances of a ticket are slim to none, and slim left town. ;) ALL of the photo cams are set for 11 over. I've been behind police cars in AZ cities many times and a LOT of them go nine over the limit on the side streets. One even threw a cig butt out his window which is littering in my book, and I wrote down the time, place, plate, and car number. Also, many fail to use their turn signals to turn or change lanes which is illegal.

I don't buy into the "Red cars get more tickets" school of thinking. My last two cars were bright red (Toyota MR2 from 1985 to 2000, and the 2000 Celica I just sold to make room for the Leaf). So, two red cars over 26 years and no tickets for 34 years of driving. It's the driver, not the color of your car...

Oh, and my new Leaf will be Cayenne Red as well... :)

Back