Rairdon's Nissan of Auburn (WA) $100 below Dealer Invoice

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Desertstraw said:
Finally, has anybody received information about the cost of shipping the car back to Washington at the end of the lease?
I am pretty sure you DON'T have to ship it back to WA. The "owner" is not the dealer, but Nissan MAC or Nissian-Infinity Leasing Trust ("NILT"). Based on this info ... you can turn the LEAF back to any Nissan dealer, or at least LEAF-certified Nissan dealer.

( I once returned a Benz on lease originating in SanFrancisco to the Sacramento dealer at the end of the lease. )

Desertstraw said:
Since I find some of the information that has been posted disturbing, I hope that somebody can answer this question. Has anyone gotten a price from Rairdon for a purchase not a lease of a Leaf and if so how does it compare with MSRP?

I have a purchase price of -100 of invoice quoted through these guys. It was supposed to be quoted as a lease, but there must have been some miscommunication (and now i am quite glad there was).

This entire thing makes me super nervous ... this makes me want to change from lease to buy. Maybe by the time I actually get to buy, Obama's 7500 instant rebate will be in effect. :lol:

Here is an update.

Rairdon's offerred me lease without a markup. I was so ready to buy, as I was convinced they won't agree to a no-markup lease, I made all arrangements for the cash (transferred money from investmentment account etc).

First, they offered me something like $416 - but no downpayment. But they were offering 0.00204 MF. Asked them for a lease quote with $2K down. I knew that was around $350. $355 on Sl-e + eco pkg + mats with 2,000 down. So, I leased.

Unless I mis-understood, they will offer this no-markup lease for all current orders. But new orders will not get any discount.

Congratulations on your delivery!

I've never leased before, but may consider like you. Can you tell me what numbers I should look for when I go to them or should I just ask about markup?

IBELEAF said:
I've never leased before, but may consider like you. Can you tell me what numbers I should look for when I go to them or should I just ask about markup?
See the WA spreadsheet for lease (sticky thread). I took my laptop with me - just in case I needed to check.

The most important number is the Money Factor. It should be 0.00204 for good credit (above 750). Play around with the downpayment, with your MSRP & quote. You will get a good idea of what the lease amount should be.

I don't believe it, and if it is true, then I'm seriously pissed. I had to fight tooth and nail to get them to lower it and even then it only went to .003

You have the spreadsheet so you probably know, but you can't just look at the money factor. They can make their money a number of ways other than the money factor.

So did you guys have positive experience overall with Rairdon? Their reviews are not stellar, although most dealerships are not rated highly...

IBELEAF said:
So did you guys have positive experience overall with Rairdon? Their reviews are not stellar, although most dealerships are not rated highly...
Apart from a scare about Lease markup, I had a pleasant experience. We had to wait for the finance manager for quite a while - otherwise no complaints.

Overall, I had very positive experience with Rairdon's Nissan of Auburn and received the Leaf at the agreed price ($100 below invoice) without any surprises. There was no pressure to buy any extended warranties, although I am contemplating whether I should get one through another source. They even let you put up to $3k on a credit card if you are like me after the points.

The only surprise came a few hours later when I found out that heater wasn't working when the temps dropped to 35 degrees at night. I wished dealer would've checked it prior to delivery but in his defence he gave us the car right away without holding it overnight as they usually do. In any case it was more convenient to take it to my local dealership anyway to look at the heater issue.

Also, he did not hear about the dreaded A/C issue, but it appears my car either fixed or wasn't affected.

I have gone back and forth on whether to post my opinion on Rairdon yet. I am out-of-state and am so far less-than-thrilled with Rairdon's. I will write up something when I have my car, but for now I would just say that they seem to be lacking when it comes to communication.

JasonT said:
I have gone back and forth on whether to post my opinion on Rairdon yet. I am out-of-state and am so far less-than-thrilled with Rairdon's. I will write up something when I have my car, but for now I would just say that they seem to be lacking when it comes to communication.

Jason, what is your 'week of'? If three or more cars are delivered to AZ at the same time, we can save $150.

LEAFfan said:
Jason, what is your 'week of'? If three or more cars are delivered to AZ at the same time, we can save $150.
My car is apparently at the dealer as of yesterday (Friday the 9th)

Sorry to post here again - we have too many "blame" threads, so I thought it would make more sense to post here instead of creating a new thread.

I'm still trying to hold off on my "full rant" - I wrote this post once and have gone back and trimmed it down to the basics, which is this:

My car is at Rairdon's - been there since at least yesterday (Friday), possibly longer. I have not been able to get Todd Fee or Jay (Jack?) Miller to return my calls. Is there any kind of recourse so I can get things started? They haven't even sent me the papework yet. Being that I'm out-of-state, I would imagine that would be the first thing that needs to be done.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Call Jay Miller on his cell phone xxx.xxx.xxxx

I had to wait about a week for the paper he has to get the invoice before he can get started on the paper work. You will get the paper work in 2 days UPS then I sent it back but they sent the car to AZ before receiving the signed paper work so no biggie. Call them and give your credit card or check for $2,000 that delayed my AZ license plates.

Talk to Jay he is not that bad after all. :mrgreen:

Well, called Rairdon again this morning, and two hours later Todd finally called back. Sounds like paperwork should be in the mail tomorrow. I am a little calmer now, so we'll see how it goes.

Back