Remove XM from selection list?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Brightonuk said:
It would be interesting to see a poll of how many Leafers paid to extend the XM option

I'm still enjoying my "free preview"....13 1/2 months and counting. I do not plan to extend once I'm finally shut-off. I mainly use it for Bloomberg radio, but now that they have an app for that, no longer need XM.

I'm still on free preview too... 11 months later... I've probably only listened to it 5 times though since I got the car. Now I use Digitally Imported and SKY.fm streaming from my phone...

GPowers said:
Ready2plugin said:
I'm still enjoying my "free preview"....13 1/2 months and counting.

Looks like you fell through the cracks :roll: Keep your fingers crossed and you might have a very long preview....

Me too--still working--just tried it. Never use it though... Never.

I'm in to my 13th month of free... I do use it however, and also find the traffic handy (yes, I can do that on my cellphone but not while I am driving)... If it ever does end, I'd pay the 6 to 7 bucks a month to keep it all active.

Ready2plugin said:
I'm still enjoying my "free preview"....13 1/2 months and counting.

I must be missing something because I never get XM coming in, promotional or otherwise. I tried it for the 2 weeks or so I got it free before it ended the free promo. It wasn't worth anything IMO. I mostly just listen to my own music on a flash drive on the USB port or to audiobooks in the CD player. If I want radio I hit the AM/FM radio button. If the station I want doesn't come on automatically as the last one I listened to, I just hit the touchscreen button for the one I want, since all the ones I listen to are shown there. XM has a separate button which I never hit so I never get it. It sounds from these posts like somehow people are selecting the source from the steering wheel instead of the buttons. I didn't know that was possible but it can't be easier than just hitting the AM/FM button on the dash. It sounds like people are making it harder than it needs to be. I would like to see that (physical) XM button be replaced by either a USB button or CD button so I can switch back and forth from those two without having to step through the AUX choice every time.

my subscription is also been lasting for a year, and while I use I don't plan to pay for it, maybe for traffic only, but still I would be curious if there is a way to bypass it too.

I just got my Leaf yesterday and when I set up online access to my XM Radio account it says I have a 2 year subscription. I never signed up or paid for anything extra.

Back