Returning CARB rebate (CA only)

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Randy3

Mods, I did a quick search for this but did not find anywhere to post. If needed, please move this to another topic.

I am looking for comments from any California members who did not keep their LEAFs a full 3 years. What happened with respect to the CARB rebate? Did they sell the car, contact CCSE, then get a bill to return part of the rebate?

I am considering selling my LEAF 6 months before the 3 year mark. I am debating the cost of returning part of the rebate vs. 6 months of deprecation. If I do not sell it, the car may spend lots of time in a parking lot durning the summer heat. I would prefer not to have that happen. Selling it is one option.

Comments from anyone who has returned some of the rebate would be appreciated.

I've seen a few posts on here where people have returned part of the rebate. It's a simple prorate of the time you kept the car vs. the three years you were supposed to. I, for one, wouldn't take the chance of waiting. You could easily drop another capacity bar (or two) with summer heat.

Back