Running Inverters off the Leaf's 12v system

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My well is an agricultural well that provided 500 to 600gpm when it was new 50 years ago.
LeftieBiker said:
A storage tank above ground, with a second, 120 volt pump at it, wouldn't work?

That's what I'm doing.
Bring the water to the surface with one or 2 small pumps probably 24v DC, then use 12v RV pumps for low gpm domestic use and a 120v pump for high demand such as turning on the water hose to water my trees.

Chances are the main submersible pump is sitting on the bottom with at least 10 ft of water on top of it. If you do have a deep well you will need at least a 24v pump.

LeftieBiker said:
You mean keep a cache of water there (using the main pump) when the grid is up.; then use the 120v pump to pressurize the house, using the cache ? NC is a very mold-friendly environment, in the summer at least; storing water like that is probably gonna have problems with algae and such, I'd think.

Oilpan4 said:
Bring the water to the surface with one or 2 small pumps probably 24v DC, then use 12v RV pumps for low gpm domestic use and a 120v pump for high demand such as turning on the water hose to water my trees.
Yeah, I don't think my needs require such complexity. Will be easier for me to drink bottled water and haul flushing water from the creek (if I haven't handled all that beforehand after checking the weather). If the revolution comes, a Leaf's battery isn't much better, because you still gotta charge it somehow.

RustyShackleford said:
LeftieBiker said:
You mean keep a cache of water there (using the main pump) when the grid is up.; then use the 120v pump to pressurize the house, using the cache ? NC is a very mold-friendly environment, in the summer at least; storing water like that is probably gonna have problems with algae and such, I'd think.

That was what I meant, yes. I guess you'd need to add a chlorinator of some sort. UV tube sterilizer? It is indeed a complicated problem for you.

I just want my water to be more reliable than the coop. Which shouldn't be too hard.
Also want to exceed coop pressure and flow.

I work on a little water plant that makes something like 1,000gmp of reverse osmosis high purity water for about 20hours a day.

I think I can build a little one that provides up to 700 gallons per day.

Back