San Diego Leaf Fanatics!

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
garygid said:
On the LEAF's power usage screen, it shows 0 to 30 kW for Regen braking energy recovery rate (power). Does that mean the LEAF's brake pedal will "adjust" the Regen "level"?

Ah... now that's a better question. I'll see what I can find out. And I apologize for my ignorance. I knew about the effect of regenerative braking (without using the brakes), but just wasn't thinking when I answered it initially.

LEAFguy said:
LEAFer: ... While I've been a free-lance automotive trainer for about 18 years (including about 16 working with Nissan), this is my first venture into EVs. And if you've been to my site, you will see that it is decidedly being presented from the entry-level EV perspective - including my own. ... And the reason that I created my site is because there is so much mis-information out there. ... One thing that you will find out about me... I am willing to listen!
Excellent ! Thanks for listening ... and thanks for your site ... a very coomendable goal; I agree, lots of mis-information out there that needs to be corrected. An uphill battle, but it needs to be fought!
Where are you going to be, and how much time "learning" will you have ? ( Send me a PM; I could hook you up with a person or two, and you could even hook up with some of the long-time EVers on this forum while you're "up there". ) Please explain "automotive trainer" a little more.

Edit: Never mind (on the automotive trainer question) ... I just read the "About" on your site. :)

Randy said:
On June 22, Bobby Zywiec at Pacific Nissan ([email protected]) wrote back to an email inquiry I made and stated that they would be at MSRP for the Leaf...They are my preferred dealer...

Randy
And I'll confirm that again straight from the metaphorical horses mouth :eek: lol Pacific Nissan will not be charging any dealer markup or adding accessories that you do not order and then make you pay for it. I am the salesman that you will all deal with here at Pacific Nissan and Bobby is my manager, who you will also meet. Please come in and see us if you can. We'll sit down and talk with you about the Leaf and can also show you a vehicle that is similar in size if you haven't seen a Leaf. :D

LEAFguy said:
While I've been a free-lance automotive trainer for about 18 years (including about 16 working with Nissan), this is my first venture into EVs. And if you've been to my site, you will see that it is decidedly being presented from the entry-level EV perspective - including my own. ... And the reason that I created my site is because there is so much mis-information out there. ... One thing that you will find out about me... I am willing to listen!
That is an excellent site LEAFguy! Thank you very much. Hopefully I'll know more after I attend the next training on the Leaf. As for now its lots of reading on sites like yours and in this forum. :D

drees said:
Good to know at least Mossy in Pacific Beach will be selling at MSRP - will help keep the other dealers honest.
Just to let you know drees, Pacific Nissan is not in any way affiliated with Mossy. We are family owned and operated and have been since 1981. We are the only non-mossy Nissan Dealership in San Diego county.

LEAFguy said:
I'll do that when I'm up there next week. While I've been a free-lance automotive trainer for about 18 years (including about 16 working with Nissan), this is my first venture into EVs. And if you've been to my site, you will see that it is decidedly being presented from the entry-level EV perspective - including my own.

It is fortunate that this site is not commercial - if it was, you would get banned for advertising your site here :lol:

For eg., if I link to this site from gm-volt.com, the comment won't show up.

Anyway, here is my suggestion for your site.

There are already several forums & blogs on Leaf. Make your site more of an informational site - with consolidated, categorized easy to find information.

evnow said:
There are already several forums & blogs on Leaf. Make your site more of an informational site - with consolidated, categorized easy to find information.

evnow: Thanks for the guidance. That's pretty much how I've set it up now. Most blogs have a chronological archive. My archive is by topic (although you can review chronologically from the bottom of the home page), and I try to incorporate appropriate topic tags in all posts so they will show up in any related category or sub-category search.

Thanks to all so far who have expressed support for my site. Again, any comments or suggestions are welcome!

Personal Observation:

I called Mossey Nissan in Oceanside this morning and spoke to Bob, their Leaf expert. He did not know many answers to my questions (and at one point covered the phone to ask someone else "are we going to sell at MSRP or what?"). He took my number and called me back. He had little info to share (to be expected), but sounded almost as if I was bothering him. :?

Then I called Pacific Nissan and left my number for Andrew or Bobby to call me back. Andrew called a few minutes later and, while not having much new info either (grrrrr), was VERY personable and sounded excited about the Leaf. :mrgreen: Mossey Nissan in Oceanside....ehhhhhh, not so much.

I can't speak for the other Mossey dealers, but I was left with a feeling of "I do NOT want to buy from Mossey in Oceanside." I have Pacific Nissan selected as my preferred dealer and will be buying from them.

As always, YMMV.

garygid said:
Is there substantial (or any) Regen control on the brake pedal, before the mechanical brakes start to activate?

My query to Nissan provided this response:

Nissan LEAF’s regenerative braking system also increases range. By applying the
brake or reducing speed by letting off the accelerator, the electric motor acts as an
electric generator, converting energy that would otherwise be wasted into battery
energy. To increase regenerative braking capability, there’s a driver-controlled Eco
mode setting, which also can be used to reduce air conditioning and thus improve
driving range by 10% when driving in urban areas.

I'll let you parse the language.

PacificNissanBrian said:
drees said:
Good to know at least Mossy in Pacific Beach will be selling at MSRP - will help keep the other dealers honest.
Just to let you know drees, Pacific Nissan is not in any way affiliated with Mossy. We are family owned and operated and have been since 1981. We are the only non-mossy Nissan Dealership in San Diego county.
My apologies! Have visited your dealership before (unfortunately only to kill time while waiting for a nearby restaurant) but the sales staff I encountered were very friendly and accommodating regardless.

PacificNissanBrian said:
And I'll confirm that again straight from the metaphorical horses mouth :eek: lol Pacific Nissan will not be charging any dealer markup or adding accessories that you do not order and then make you pay for it. I am the salesman that you will all deal with here at Pacific Nissan and Bobby is my manager, who you will also meet. Please come in and see us if you can. We'll sit down and talk with you about the Leaf and can also show you a vehicle that is similar in size if you haven't seen a Leaf. :D

Brian - Were you the fleet sales manager at Kearny Mesa Infiniti a while ago? I bought an Infiniti from Brian Oleson who at the time was the fleet sales manager.

Randy said:
How many do we have in San Diego on the board?

Please post and let us know, along with your approximate location...

I'm in Tierrasanta, and waiting for my Leaf to arrive!!!!

And, if you didn't know, the Center for Sustainable Energy is managing what's left of the $5K rebates for California, and they are located on Balboa Avenue in Kearny Mesa...I'll probably be dropping off my application in person as soon as I can....

Randy
Red SL

Another San Diego "Leafer" here. Rancho Penasquitos area. Selected for free the level 2 US Gov residential charging station program. Reserved car on 5/14/10. Advised to expect firm ordering in January 2011. Will buy--not lease. Haven't selected a preferred dealer yet, but will talk to Poway Nissan, since they're only about 6mi away.

Derkraut

My recent correspondence with Mossy Nissan San Diego:

This is what I asked:Hello Ashton, I wanted to find out if Mossy Nissan has decided on a price point for Nissan LEAF (selling below MSRP, selling at MSRP, selling above MSRP).

As we know Nissan will be asking us to contact local dealers to discuss pricing within the next 30 days. So that there are no delays on my part I would like to pick a dealer of my choice ahead of time. At this time I have not selected a preferred LEAF dealer.[/
i]

This is the reply I got back:

Our dealership has not set the LEAF pricing. As soon as I have more information, I will email you the specifics. If you have any other questions in the meantime, please let me know

Looks like I will have to start talking to Pacific Nissan.

pksd1 said:

This is what I asked:Hello Ashton, I wanted to find out if Mossy Nissan has decided on a price point for Nissan LEAF (selling below MSRP, selling at MSRP, selling above MSRP).

As we know Nissan will be asking us to contact local dealers to discuss pricing within the next 30 days. So that there are no delays on my part I would like to pick a dealer of my choice ahead of time. At this time I have not selected a preferred LEAF dealer.[/
i]

Our dealership has not set the LEAF pricing. As soon as I have more information, I will email you the specifics. If you have any other questions in the meantime, please let me know

Would you come to Santa Barbara to purchase your Leaf if I could arrange to flat bed the vehicle back to San Diego?

pksd1 said:

i]

Is Ashton at the Kearny Mesa location? I was thinking that because Mossy has so many locations in San Diego, that they may have one person handling all of the Leaf sales for all locations. Perhaps the fleet sales manager would be a good person for this. But so far it seems that this isn't the case because you spoke with Ashton and jimmydreams spoke with another person at Oceanside Nissan. Has anyone yet contacted Poway Nissan (also owned by Mossy) to see what they have to say? Poway Nissan is the closest location to me but I may make Pacific Nissan my preferred dealer based on the positive comments seen on this forum.

Frank said:
pksd1 said:

i]

Is Ashton at the Kearny Mesa location? I was thinking that because Mossy has so many locations in San Diego, that they may have one person handling all of the Leaf sales for all locations. Perhaps the fleet sales manager would be a good person for this. But so far it seems that this isn't the case because you spoke with Ashton and jimmydreams spoke with another person at Oceanside Nissan. Has anyone yet contacted Poway Nissan (also owned by Mossy) to see what they have to say? Poway Nissan is the closest location to me but I may make Pacific Nissan my preferred dealer based on the positive comments seen on this forum.

Frank I am almost certain Ashton is from Poway Mossy. As I sent the original email from Poway Nissan's website few monnths ago (being closest to home).

It seems we have 4 people from Rancho Penasquitos here(maybe few more in the 4S ranch area), maybe we should combine our efforts in selecting a dealer.

I just sent an email to Pacific Nissan. Will post their reply.

SBNissanLeaf,
Your offer to flatbed to San Diego has my ears perked up. I know several other folks from work that are on the reservation list and we're trying to figure out who to buy from.

Assuming that we can get a Leaf locally for MSRP, what benefits would we be looking at to work through you?

Thanks, Randy

Randy said:
SBNissanLeaf,
Your offer to flatbed to San Diego has my ears perked up. I know several other folks from work that are on the reservation list and we're trying to figure out who to buy from.

Assuming that we can get a Leaf locally for MSRP, what benefits would we be looking at to work through you?

Thanks, Randy

Hmmm...That's a good question.

Besides all the typical car-guy like promises that I could make to you.
Santa Barbara Nissan will probably be delivering more of these vehicles than any other dealership in Southern California. Our service department will be better prepared to handle the uniqueness of these new vehicles.

Back