Santa Monica Nissan couldn't be better!

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just took delivery of my Leaf and I had a great experience with Paul at Santa Monica Nissan. He called to schedule my pickup time and made sure everything was done to my satisfaction. He emailed me all the info on HOV stickers, CA rebate and Federal tax credits and I was able to get back home in time to have my Blink EVSE installed on the same day. I got lucky on that because the electrician contracted by Blink had already worked at my place on another, unrelated job. Since they were familiar with me and my place they were able to get it done in time to save me overage costs.

Brian
http://www.recargo.com/

I picked up my Silver Leaf on 4/28 from Santa Monica Nissan and was happy with how smooth the process went. I was in and out in less than 2 hours (tutorial session included). I realize I could have saved a couple of dollars by going to another dealer that is offering a slightly better price, but the peace of mind that came from using a salesman (Paul Scott) who is ethical, an EV advocate, and knows the details of the car intimately was more than worth it. I know Paul will be there for me in the future if I ever need help too.

Thanks for the smooth transaction on my first ever new car purchase!

Tim

Tim,

It was my pleasure getting you into this car. I remember the great video you shot when the LEAF tour came to Santa Monica last October. We had hoped you would get awarded with a free LEAF, but at least you're in one now.

I've got deliveries in San Diego, Santa Rosa and clear into Bigbee, AZ coming up, so Torrance isn't so far away. I'll probably see you at the next LEAF meet up.

As an ex-Marine, we should all thank you for YOUR service!

Picked up my Leaf from Santa Monica Nissan yesterday. Pleasant and professional experience. Glad that I stuck with my local dealer.

Thank you to the entire SMN staff.

Now the fun begins!

Thank you so much to Jennifer and everyone at Santa Monica Nissan for letting me juice up for my ride back home to Glendale.

I think I could have taken the 10 back though.... I'll feel more confident in this car in a couple of weeks.

@BobTarlau: Leaf # 968??? Though I don't want to be responsible for drifting off topic, how did you find out your Leaf number? Is this the same as the last four digits of the VIN? The last four of my VIN is 2151, so it doesn't make sense that they should be the same :?

Yes, it is now the last four digits of the vin (for us "old farts", the last three)... One of these days, it will be the last five.

johnr said:
Leaf # 968??? Though I don't want to be responsible for drifting off topic, how did you find out your Leaf number? Is this the same as the last four digits of the VIN? The last four of my VIN is 2151, so it doesn't make sense that they should be the same :?

Picked up our car yesterday.
SM Nissan did a great job in the final sale job. Paul spent time going over everything and it did make a difference.
We went with Paul in support of his long history as an EV advocate. Passed two Nissan dealerships to get there, but we are glad we did..

Kent and Cathy Bullard
Ventura, CA

Actually, there are some dealers that have a better deal (check the threads on this board) but regardless, I still think an extended warranty is a sucker bet with the Leaf and I recommend against getting one...

electricfuture said:
They also have by far the best Extended Nissan Warranty deals.

With broad smiles, my husband and I took delivery of our LEAF yesterday with Paul Scott at Santa Monica Nissan at the helm! YAHOOOOO!

Five years ago after seeing Who Killed the Electric Car and subsequently being profoundly moved, frustrated with ICE's and the politics of oil, and desperate to see EV's back in the hands of drivers, we got in touch with Paul Scott. In those five years he's educated us and inspired us, and yesterday it culminated into an extremely fitting moment when he handed us the keys to our first EV. It wouldn't have been the same taking delivery from anyone else, and I'm not even sure we'd even be driving a LEAF without knowing and learning from Paul.

Paul's unrivaled advocacy work and depth of expertise on EV's and the LEAF makes him the ideal salesperson for this car. He has made himself totally available to us as his customers and we have no question that he will continue to work as an advocate on behalf of LEAF drivers. Thanks Paul!

I just want to add my thanks to Paul Scott for helping to educate me and get us into our new Leaf. Took delivery last Friday in time for the Sunday Plug-in parade. If there had been a prize for lowest mileage then at 34 we would have had a good shot. Paul has been a great advocate and trustworthy guide - even convinced us to do the solar cells that had been on hold for 3 years.

Sad to see him leaving Santa Monica but know he will continue to do good things. Thanks Paul for making the process so comfortable.

Jim

SM Nissan lost its lease -- and as I understand it will be going out of business shortly... within the next week or so. Paul Scott is moving on to Downtown LA Nissan. He's so knowledgeable about the whole plug-in car field.

Back