Schneider EVSE

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
@stanton, the honest reason is that I hated the idea of trying to live
with the light interior... (material). My Volt has light beige seats &
accents but is in leather. That will be easier to clean.

Living here in Florida I just might have to run away from an approaching
hurricane as I live 1 block from the beach. The lease was equal to the
Leaf but for a 44K car with the incentives. I'm simply not a purist as to
the tech and in another three years there will be more infrastructure,
possibly better range and perhaps better prices.

mitch672 said:
The J-1772 cable is built out of 10AWG wiring and has very heavy duty insulation, well made.

From the photos I've seen of it, the cable/plug appear to be the ITT set: http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=4510

It feels like very good quality, but I find that there's slightly more friction when inserting it into the charge port than with the Yazaki plug. Make sure you plug it in firmly, or you'll get an unpleasant surprise in the morning where it fails to charge. My wife used to have that problem until I told her to listen for the car clicking its relay in response to proper insertion.

I noticed AV is using the same part in some of their EVSE's too, in addition to the Yazaki part.

hodad66 said:
I ended up with leather seats, the Bose system, no nav or
backup cam. We had to go pick up my Volt from another dealer.
Bottom line is that I have a $335 payment on a Volt that just
last week I was quoted $500+ by my "local" dealer.
Congrats! The Volt is a great car and you've got a low lease payment. How much would your lease have been without the trade?

Good to hear that the Schneider EVSE charged the Volt OK, too!

lincomatic said:
mitch672 said:
The J-1772 cable is built out of 10AWG wiring and has very heavy duty insulation, well made.

From the photos I've seen of it, the cable/plug appear to be the ITT set: http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=4510

It feels like very good quality, but I find that there's slightly more friction when inserting it into the charge port than with the Yazaki plug. Make sure you plug it in firmly, or you'll get an unpleasant surprise in the morning where it fails to charge. My wife used to have that problem until I told her to listen for the car clicking its relay in response to proper insertion.

I noticed AV is using the same part in some of their EVSE's too, in addition to the Yazaki part.

Yes, it is the ITT J-1772 30A cable & cable assembly. I am hoping to get it installed over the weekend, possibly.

FYI, on the Home Depot website, under "specifications", the Schnieder is UL-Listed, in another thread someone was claiming it may not have been. Schnieder is too large a manufacturer to put out a consumer product, whose entire purpose is "people protection" without getting it UL listed...

hodad66 said:
smkettner said:
This is a Schnider EVSE thread.

There are separate threads to discuss VOLT and Lease details.

so sorry, other than announcing that I had used the EVSE I've
simply been answering questions....... :shock:

So here is the important question: what are you going to do when your Leaf arrives? find a friend to buy it or create an orphan for the dealer. Don't answer in this thread though, it could upset a few people. I'm sure you can find some other Florida Leafers that might be interested though.

hodad66 said:
as I carry the standard for the beloved Nissan Leaf.... to my
death if need be... and blah, blah, blah.....

In the "New York" thread, the poster has in his signature "Availble order date: I'm putting my Leaf reservation in my will, just in case". Now you know how we feel on the "right" coast. Beloved my a_s, I can see you're reasononing to buy the Volt, just as I see the reason to buy the Plug in Prius...

my feelings exactly.... there are reasons & purchasers
for all these new, bleeding edge, vehicles. Had the Leaf
offered a charcoal seat color I might have waited.....
oops.... YES THE SCHNEIDER IS A WONDERFUL EVSE........ :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

mitch672 said:
FYI, on the Home Depot website, under "specifications", the Schnieder is UL-Listed, in another thread someone was claiming it may not have been.
I haven't tried to confirm it (I don't know how to look up something to ensure it is UL listed) but this is from the side of my unit:
http://i.imgur.com/pLtivl.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

JasonT said:
mitch672 said:
FYI, on the Home Depot website, under "specifications", the Schnieder is UL-Listed, in another thread someone was claiming it may not have been.
I haven't tried to confirm it (I don't know how to look up something to ensure it is UL listed) but this is from the side of my unit:
http://i.imgur.com/pLtivl.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Mine shows the same UL Listing.

Here is the certificate from the UL website: http://database.ul.com/cgi-bin/XYV/template/LISEXT/1FRAME/showpage.html?name=FFWA.E338176&ccnshorttitle=Electric+Vehicle+Supply+Equipment&objid=1081512067&cfgid=1073741824&version=versionless&parent_id=1073986568&sequence=1" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

SchniederEV2430WS-cropped.jpg

smkettner said:
Just bought my Schneider at HomeDepot.com $729 + tax free shipping. :D
The promo code on page 15 no longer works :|

Website says it is a back order. That was the shortest back order ever, shipped next day.

Although the homedepot website still says it's on back order a $50 off promo code 'APP50J3' did work when placing an order online for me -- although I was waiting for the GE unit to become available again I have an electrician coming on 10/7 to run my new 40A 240V line so I'll have him hardwire this Schneider unit and be done with it -- $679 before tax and free shipping is simply too good a deal to pass up (the GE WattStation is going for $999 with perhaps a 10% off if you use Discover gift cards through Lowes but info from them is sketchy on when we'll actually see these in the midwest; would still like the 30% off tax rebate befoe year end as well as have it when my car comes in). Hopefully as with a few other posters here, they'll ship it once the order is confirmed -- there is a big Schneider / Square D facility not far from me so one can only hope!

Anyone see the outdoor unit available online?
Could this version from HD be installed outdoors (under roof eve, in N California)?

Looking for a cabinet for my modded EVSE at the moment...

Back