Scotland to go all-electric, ban gas cars by 2050

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

loomis2

http://green.autoblog.com/2013/09/17/scotland-plans-to-go-electric-ban-gas-burners-by-2050/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

^ I disagree, I think the gas car will have gone the way of the vcr and the blackberry long before then, not because government said so, but because technological advances will render it uninteresting.

From the article: ". . . calls for an end to petrol and diesel-burning cars in its cities by 2050."

So, banning burners in city centers could happen . . . 40 years from now.

ICE vehicles will probably always remain in some form, like horses. Some people still use horses for work, or show and racing, or just a hobby because they love horses.

The past often lingers. Even the Leaf's motor is rated in horsepower.

DNAinaGoodWay said:
ICE vehicles will probably always remain in some form, like horses. Some people still use horses for work, or show and racing, or just a hobby because they love horses.

The past often lingers. Even the Leaf's motor is rated in horsepower.

Agreed. My dad still has my late grandfather's 1966 Barracuda that he bought when my dad was 6. I plan on keeping that car running until it falls apart.

Back