Seat Sensor

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stoneman30

I seem to have the opposite problem of some. I always have a seatbelt alert that I can remove by connecting the passenger seatbelt. Is there a switch or something to replace? The car has had the recall actions done.

That really sounds like the seat sensor thinks that there is a passenger sitting on the seat. They are weight-sensitive. Sounds like you need to visit your friendly Nissan dealer, and I am sure that it would be free.... Since it is a safety/ seatbelt issue....

Oddly the car already has 40,000 some miles on it. Not sure how the previous owner did it. Made for a decent price on the car I think.

If you drive alone, can you just leave the passenger belt buckled?

Of course, in the case of an accident, the passenger airbag will unnecessarily deploy. But that's better than the opposite (not deploying when there is a passenger)

Sure leaving the seatbelt "fixes" it. It's just a bit awkward. I'd like to fix it if I can find a part to change or fix.

As others have suggested, it is probably an issue with the weight/strain sensor under the seat that detects whether someone is sitting there. I had a similar problem in my Prius after an overweight person road with me, and I had to get the dealer to simply recalibrate the seat sensors.

Back