SEATTLE AREA; 100,000 Mile Celebration

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
TaylorSFGuy said:
DNAinaGoodWay said:
To hit 100k in the time he's had it means roughly 110 miles/day avg., almost 40k/yr!

Steve? You drive a LOT! (for a LEAFer)

Thanks - I guess. There are many, including my Wife and now my Son who carpools with me that say there has to be a better way.

Work from home?

At least you have QCs there to hold you over until a new and better battery arrives.

In the meantime, you're not alone:

http://www.plugincars.com/100000-miles-leaf-just-beginning-evs-129112.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

DaveinOlyWA said:
When debating the worth of the car, meep in mind that he saved over $9000 in fuel costs alone. Also had under $100 in additional repairs costs which was "way less" than eith e r of his previous 2 cars he wore out
I just noticed from Steve's signature that he is approaching his 3 yr anniversary (next week) and it looks like he'll be close to 120,000 mi. How about a summary of costs and how it compared to your last car? IIRC, Steve keeps pretty detailed cost records. Looking forward to how our #1 Leaf driver is holding up.

Reddy said:
DaveinOlyWA said:
When debating the worth of the car, meep in mind that he saved over $9000 in fuel costs alone. Also had under $100 in additional repairs costs which was "way less" than eith e r of his previous 2 cars he wore out
I just noticed from Steve's signature that he is approaching his 3 yr anniversary (next week) and it looks like he'll be close to 120,000 mi. How about a summary of costs and how it compared to your last car? IIRC, Steve keeps pretty detailed cost records. Looking forward to how our #1 Leaf driver is holding up.

shouldnt be too tough to figure.

he has replaced his tires. that was around $500-600.

up until recently his charging was relatively free at work and on the road. so add roughly $25-35 a month at home. add $20 a month for AV.

He also had something else fixed waaay early like within the first 6 months. not sure what it was or what it cost but cost was small enough he fixed it on his own instead of pursuing a warranty repair...

DaveinOlyWA said:
....He also had something else fixed waaay early like within the first 6 months. not sure what it was or what it cost but cost was small enough he fixed it on his own instead of pursuing a warranty repair...
IIRC, it was the driver side window with help from another MNL member.

Back