SF BAY AREA GROUP BUY - Save some CA$H

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So far we have 6 people on the list, with another 4 pending. If you haven't received an invitation to join the Google group, please email me.

If anyone wants to help in maintaining the Google group list (adding and sending invitations), please let me know so that I can add you as a group manager.

I have started drafting a letter to request for quotes. Please find it under "Pages" from the right navigation bar after you login to the Google group. For various reasons, we do not want the draft letter out in the open for dealers to see.

I have dropped the list on the first post of this thread and we will just use the google group that greenleaf have setup. No need to have two listings.

cordero said:
Add me to the list... or Im going to rent a car hauler trailer and buy one in so cal and tow it up here for $1000.00 off sounds good.
Please email Trent or myself to get added to the group when you are ready. Please refer to the first post.

csriram45 said:
heck I think we could all hire a car trailer or something and get a group shipment. It probably works out to saving some serious $$s.
Yes; and if you can book an entire commerical car-carrier to full capacity (8-12?), I would imagine rather than each paying 500-700 you can get the cost per vehicle possibly down as low as 100-200.

One thing to consider - is that each person is likely to get his Leaf ready for delivery at a different time. Will everyone wait for the last Leaf before putting them all on a trailer ?

evnow said:
One thing to consider - is that each person is likely to get his Leaf ready for delivery at a different time. Will everyone wait for the last Leaf before putting them all on a trailer ?
Ooops :oops: ! True. That's where the impatience of the individual will probably trump the good of the community !

Although ... if there's only one or two dealers that end up offering a significant discount from MSRP, and if all the orders from a particular wave and from a particular region are made with that dealer(s), and if ... Hmm, nice try. Quite a lot of "ifs".

Could Nissan be convinced to just re-route the boat :lol: ( don't answer that :!: )

I think the best option for you guys is to get a local dealer - negotiate a good price and everyone order through that dealer. Everyone takes their car delivery as soon as it comes to the dealer.

I emailed Nissan EV support "chat" today. Tech indicated: "you will receive an email when to do the ordering process in the next few weeks", so it looks like we have some time to do the research to find a local dealer(s) in the Bay Area with the best pricing.

trentr said:
We will have one giant list. The longer the list, the better chances we have on getting a discount. Hopefully, substantial like the one in SoCal. I have a September order date, and I'm sure others on the list will have different months as well. I'm currently in contact with Susan Daniero, General Manager of Boardwalk Nissan. I will know more info on pricing once she is back from Nissan National Dealer Meeting.
trentr, I added this dealership and your name to the list:

http://groups.google.com/group/sf-bay-area-ev-leafers/web/list-of-dealerships

I myself has been talking to Nissan Sunnyvale who previously has already agreed to sell at MSRP to me. I will continue to talk to them.

We need more volunteers to screen and contact dealerships.

greenleaf - sure thing, i'll be in contact with her.

evnow - thanks for posting this thread to the Nissan Leaf FB page. i was going to ask you about it :)

For those who are having trouble signing up with the list, you might need to have a google account. I'm sorry I didn't know this was a requirement when I created the group.

http://groups.google.com/support/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=46438

I cannot sign in from work, but you can list me as a buyer (Ready2plugin). I live in Pleasanton with an August order date.

Thanks!
Brian

greenleaf said:
For those who are having trouble signing up with the list, you might need to have a google account. I'm sorry I didn't know this was a requirement when I created the group.

http://groups.google.com/support/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=46438

No that isn't true. I am member of google groups with a yahoo account. you do need to sign up for a google account using your yahoo email though...

Ready2plugin said:
I live in Pleasanton with an August order date.

Questions to anyone. How do I know if I have an August (or any other month) order date?
I completed my home assessment but I still did not choose a preferred dealer. Do I have to do it asap?
Also I do not see this option on Nissan's site under My Account anymore.

jason98 said:
Ready2plugin said:
I live in Pleasanton with an August order date.

Questions to anyone. How do I know if I have an August (or any other month) order date?
I completed my home assessment but I still did not choose a preferred dealer. Do I have to do it asap?
Also I do not see this option on Nissan's site under My Account anymore.
You should have received an email on 7/27. It's best to verify your email address from the Leaf website.

When was your reservation date? 4/20?

Back