SoCal Branch LEAF Gathering - Our First Year

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
garygid said:
Next Gathering on July 30th at Hometown Buffet on 17th in Santa Ana.

Just got delivery of my LEAF last week, so very excited to meet other SoCal LEAF owners. I think I should be able to make it to this meeting. What time is the meeting?

z0ner said:
Boomer23 said:
z0ner said:
I was really hoping to check out your ride Phil, but unfortunately I'm taking a quick jaunt to SF next weekend. Any way I can convince you to wait until the next meetup? :D

I feel, you, z0ner. I'd also like to wait because I have a friend that I'd like to share this experience with, and he's home with his wife while she recovers from surgery. A date a couple weeks in advance would be better for him, too. The problem is that the dealer only has two pre-owned GT-Rs, both of which are in gorgeous shape. If they sell, I'm going to have to wait for quite a while. So the dealer is recommending that I go ahead and pick a date when I'm sure they'll have a car to lend me.

You are extremely generous Phil. I imagine you will have the time of your life, you lucky bastige.

Thanks, z0ner, that's nice of you. So sorry that you won't be here.

xtremeflyer, you're on.

popak said:
garygid said:
Next Gathering on July 30th at Hometown Buffet on 17th in Santa Ana.

Just got delivery of my LEAF last week, so very excited to meet other SoCal LEAF owners. I think I should be able to make it to this meeting. What time is the meeting?

popak, you'll be welcome. If you arrive between 8:15 and 8:30, things should be getting rolling. See you then.

I generally try to arrive by 8 AM, but this time I might be late.

Generally I stay until at least 11 AM, but this time I might have to leave earlier.

Details are in the first post in this thread.

Okay, the GT-R is ON for this weekend, July 29 and 30. I'll be picking it up on Friday and returning it on Saturday.

My plan right now is to take it to Cars and Coffee in Irvine very early, like maybe 0615 on Saturday, hang around there for a while, talking about it, etc, then drive up to Santa Ana for the HTB breakfast meetup. There, we can play with it and go for rides, with special priority for birthday boys (and girls).

I'll probably arrive at HTB by 0900 or so.

If anyone wants to come to Cars and Coffee, with their LEAF or not, we could park as a group for a while. If nobody is crazy enough to get up that early, that's cool too.

We can arrange safe, informal drag races with GT-R versus LEAF, so that we can resolve that mysterious question, which one is faster to 30 mph. I think that I already know. :lol:

With the exception of 4 short stranded wires (Gray, White, Red,
and Black), some assembly diagrams, and the Hole-Template ...

I have four "SOC-Meter Kits" ready to bring to this Saturday's
SoCal LEAF Gathering (at HTB on 17th in Santa Ana).

Two SOC-Kits have Red Displays and two Kits have Blue Displays.
All four have the most-recent (F1.07) firmware.

garygid said:
With the exception of 4 short stranded wires (Gray, White, Red,
and Black), some assembly diagrams, and the Hole-Template ...

I have four "SOC-Meter Kits" ready to bring to this Saturday's
SoCal LEAF Gathering (at HTB on 17th in Santa Ana).

Two SOC-Kits have Red Displays and two Kits have Blue Displays.
All four have the most-recent (F1.07) firmware.

Well, I'll certainly have the cash for one, if availability permits!

Thanks, guys. I'm planning to be there around 8:30am with the wife and kid. Will have to leave early though as we have to leave for a birthday party in LA (in our ICE, unfortunately, as the roundtrip is just beyond 80 mi and don't want to risk it).

FYI, I have the Wet Okole car seat covers in my LEAF, if there is anyone interested in checking them out.

Can't wait to meet everyone!

mwalsh said:
garygid said:
I will bring the 4 SOC-Meter Kits.
I am ordering parts for more.
Good b-day presents, right?

Totally! I always give myself the best birthday presents! Giving myself tinted windows tomorrow! :D

So you, me and xtremeflyer all have birthdays on the 29th? That is an incredible coincidence....Leos all. :lol:

About 12 people and 8 or 10 LEAFs, and the ...
very flashy, red Nissan GT-R. :D (thanks boomer)

A great group, THANKS for your wonderful, caring support!

1. mwalsh took the first SOC-Meter Kit home with him.
2. Tom wanted a Green one, with the rectangular cutout-for-the-Display done.
3. I have parts for 10 more Kits arriving this week, mostly Blue Displays.

Back