SoCal Branch LEAF-Gathering Year 2 - #24c: 25 Aug 2012

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was just thinking of just an occasional Sunday,
perhaps once every 3 months.

However, ONLY IF some modest measure of folks want to join us, but cannot ever make Saturday, for some substantial reason.

More generally, if anybody would like to join us, but cannot for some reason, PLEASE let us know so that we can try to help.

LEAF-frogging might work for those "too far away".

Cheers, Gary

Saturdays and Sunday are equally fine.

My schedule is always unpredictable. At the moment, I have work on 10/8, 10/22 and 11/5.

For the moment at least, we will stick with Saturdays.
Many have some form of regularly-scheduled activity on Sunday.

So, tentatively the 8th of October at HTB in Cerritos and the 22nd in Santa Ana.

Gather next Saturday (8 Oct) in Cerritos at HTB.

Anybody want a new Bridgestone (LEAF-type)
tire for about $110 at the Gathering?

I am going to try to buy a few sometime in the next few days.

FYI for the SoCal LEAFers (didn't see a past thread on this), the 91 Express Lanes has a special access program providing free tolls on the 91 toll lanes for zero emission cars (except eastbound 4-6 pm, M-F, in which case it's 50% off). Check http://www.91expresslanes.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; for details. This only works with transponders from 91 Express Lanes, not Fastrak from The Toll Roads (and no discounts for LEAFs on the 241/261/73 unfortunately). I turned in my Fastrak and got the 91 transponder (also works on other toll roads) and will save $90 per month in tolls. Combined with my carpool sticker, my LEAF is saving me over $300 per month in gas/tolls and a couple hours + in commuting time per month...

Can't make this one, my 26 week pregnant wife is "running" the Long Beach Half Marathon and we gotta go down to the expo to pick up her bibs and stuff.

Hope to see everyone at the Oct 16 Plug-in event!

tbleakne said:
I will be there tomorrow. Are we heading for two poor-turnout meetings in a row? Say it is not so.

You're the one ditching us on National Plug-in day to hang out with the Santa Monica crowd instead of the OC crowd :)

tbleakne said:
I will be there tomorrow. Are we heading for two poor-turnout meetings in a row? Say it is not so.

Tom, I'll be there, and as you know, I have multiple personalities. So you won't be lonely. :lol:

garygid said:
It is not the size that matters, it is who comes to play!
See you in the morning, I hope!

Somebody logged a QC session!
Very much looking forward to seeing that, and I am bringing some data sheets that I hope you find relevant.

Also for Boomer23: I will bring a packet I just got from SCE on our wonderful credit for annual Net Metering settlement options.

Back