SoCal Branch LEAF-Gathering Year 2 - #24c: 25 Aug 2012

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
garygid said:
Nothing formal, just more-or-less:
Oct 16 happenings
Blowouts & Tire source
EV Surveys
QC use
PU bills, Rate changes
Trips, range, SOC usage
Personal lives and adventures
Welcome a new owner
A great family-type meeting
That's cool! Doesn't require a lot of prep for the meetings then, does it? The week leading up to ours keeps me totally busy with gathering presentations, sign in sheets, etc.

Saturday night at home I happened to turn on KUSC while they were in the middle of a live broadcast of a concert of the Pacific Symphony. I remembered that 91040 had said he had a "gig" that evening, and I realized I was listening to his music (as well as others). Awesome bassoon playing :).

As I reported in the "Revenge" thread, I enjoyed the movie on Sunday.

tbleakne said:
Saturday night at home I happened to turn on KUSC while they were in the middle of a live broadcast of a concert of the Pacific Symphony. I remembered that 91040 had said he had a "gig" that evening, and I realized I was listening to his music (as well as others). Awesome bassoon playing :).

As I reported in the "Revenge" thread, I enjoyed the movie on Sunday.

contra-bassoon no less :D

A Gathering of 11 LEAFs fluttering by, with the owners chatting
and eating breakfast, is much less pressure than a Meeting
and Presentation to the Owners of a Bushel of LEAFs.

I usually try to spend some Q&A time with New Owners,
and the Spring-LEAFs as well.

If there are new topics of general interest or concern, I try to mention them.

Our group covers 4 PU districts, so it is difficult to cover PU specifics.

I prepare for SOC-Meter Upgrades or Kit sales, and try to
bring good things I have found for Show-n-Tell.

We often have a small no-cost raffle, with members donating ...
many different small things, ranging from J1772 locks to not-a-bracelet ...
usually not very expensive items.

However, the feeling of family is ...
priceless! :D :D :D

Any suggestions or preferences for Gathering dates in November?

We could have one in Cerritos on the 12th and the second a week later in Santa Ana on the 19th, expecting that most would be able to make one location or the other.

--------------
Dear "family",
My surgery is Thursday morning, 3 Nov, and they say that I should be back home Friday evening, if all goes "typically" well. I see them again on Friday the 11th to get the temporary plumbing removed. Hopefully things will "come out" OK. :eek:

I hope to be able to get around, at least moderately well, soon after that.
Thanks All
I hope to see you soon. :) :D

We'll be praying all goes perfectly well ... and get well soon!
garygid said:
--------------
Dear "family",
My surgery is Thursday morning, 3 Nov, and they say that I should be back home Friday evening, if all goes "typically" well. I see them again on Friday the 11th to get the temporary plumbing removed. Hopefully things will "come out" OK. :eek:

I hope to be able to get around, at least moderately well, soon after that.
Thanks All
I hope to see you soon. :) :D

Hope it all goes well Gary...

I am planning to come on the 12th, and I am planning to bring the LEAF :eek:.

I know its crazy :shock:, I think I can make Lancaster to Cerritos non-stop. I will head to Santa Clarita through Bouquet Cannyon Road to the 5 then 605. Its mostly down hill, if I keep it to 60 on 5/605 I should make it with a dead battery.

The way back will be harder, I will need 9hours of charging. A few hours in Cerritos, then a few more in Santa Monica before I head to Valencia for even more charging...

Chris,

In case you don't want the adventure, you could leave your car here in Sunland and we can carpool. Send a PM if you want to.

I'm "likely" for both dates.

Gary, all of your LEAFing friends are thinking about you this week and sending you good vibrations at various frequencies over all physical and metaphysical modalities, and even through the ether. Be well and we'll give thanks together later in the month.

Boomer23 said:
Gary, all of your LEAFing friends are thinking about you this week and sending you good vibrations at various frequencies over all physical and metaphysical modalities, and even through the ether.
+ a Google(*)

... and even in the immediate and non-metaphysical tactal, visual and aural modalities.

* (K and J's favorite number)

Actually a "googol" (not google) = 10^100 is a very large number :D

and a googolplex = 10^googol = 10^(10^100) ...
is so large that it is too large to be useful, I believe! :eek: :eek:

What is the most useful number?
Probably "2", I suspect! [ :p :p ]

Back