Southern Oregon Leaf Enthusiasts!

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
SOLE said:
Today I received my 7-day email informing me that my Nissan Leaf would be available soon...
At least that means you should get your $99 deposit back from Nissan soon.

Gascant is looking into doing a relay from San Fran to Los Angeles.. I said why think small, why not Blaine, Wa to San diego, ca? This biggest problem with this is Eugene, Wa to Medford and Medford to Redding.. Are there members that live in between these cities that could provide charging locations and or participate?

As part of their "80 days Around the World" Zero Race did Seattle to Sacramento to SanFrancisco to LA. No trouble for them. EAA supported. Come on WA & OR EAA forum members !

http://www.zero-race.com/

I would gladly offer my L2 AV EVSE to anyone driving through Medford OR, and needed to charge. There is also 2 AV EVSEs at the local Nissan dealership (Lithia Nissan of Medford). According to the Plugshare iphone app there is also a L2 charger under a mile away from me but I have not confirmed that yet.

Today I spoke to Joel Siegel at Jim Siegel Nissan of Grants Pass and found out he has an orphaned Black SL +QC leaf available and scheduled for delivery on July 15th. So if you didn't get your order in soon enough and/or are just tired of waiting this may be your lucky day. Apparently there have already been a couple inquiries about it but nothing firm. So if your serious about buying a LEAF I would act fast.

1-866-274-0617
Ask for Joel

We are excited to tell all of you about an upcoming event on Wednesday August 17th from 11:30am to 1:00pm. Rogue Valley Clean Cities is putting on an electric vehicle car show and forum at Rogue Federal Credit Union at 1370 Center Drive in Medford. This will be a media event and as such will provide a great opportunity for LEAF owners to promote electric vehicle ownership and hopefully generate support for local electric vehicle charging infrastructure. If you have been interested in meeting other LEAF owners and/or showing off your new car to the public, this would be a great opportunity to do so. The more electric vehicles we can have at the event, the bigger impact we will have.

The event will feature information about a recent personal trip to the Southern Oregon Coast in our LEAF. Jimmy Riley from Lithia Nissan will be there with their demo LEAF, Derek DeBoer from TC Chevy will be there with their demo VOLT and Adam Hanks will be there from the City of Ashland to update all of us about electric charging stations in Southern Oregon.

We would like to use this media event as our first opportunity to get to know one another and determine if there is sufficient interest for planning future gatherings of Southern Oregon LEAF owners.

For anyone attending during a lunch hour from work, there will be pizza & refreshments provided.

SO EXCITED! Southern Oregon Fast Chargers almost here.

State prepares to bring I-5 electric car stations online
http://www.mailtribune.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20111020/NEWS/110200307&emailAFriend=1" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Here are some pictures:
http://goo.gl/R4UcS" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

381258_10150377574293020_138510433019_8476877_1567302444_n.jpg

Central Point Fast Charger Update: Ok so its not a huge update, you know like the charger actually being turned on, but i stopped by again this week, as i have every week since it was installed last November, and to my surprise I saw something new :eek: . They have put on instructional a how to use the charger sticker on the fast charger as well as a sticker with a contact number (1-888-833-2148) and a charger number (10052). So at the very least that tells me that someone was there and the project it moving forward , hey maybe by the end of this month all of the Southern Oregon West Coast Green Hwy chargers will go live - Fingers crossed. If you live near any of the other locations and/or have visited them please share their status.

SOLE said:
...hey maybe by the end of this month all of the Southern Oregon West Coast Green Hwy chargers will go live - Fingers crossed. If you live near any of the other locations and/or have visited them please share their status.

Any news about Ashland? Does the map below look accurate, as to Southern Oregon?

Below is X-post from the PN thread.

doug401 wrote:
"Here is a better map of planned DC 3 quick charge locations. I got really excited when I found it."

http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?msid=213359050108102131982.0004b4a3f0c64a8fa421a&msa=0" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Thanks.

I live in Shasta Co...being only 159 miles from the Ashland DC, I will head to Oregon, once it is operational.

Any clue as to when that will be?
http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=620&start=980" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

SOLE said:
Central Point Fast Charger Update...maybe by the end of this month all of the Southern Oregon West Coast Green Hwy chargers will go live - Fingers crossed.
I talked to Art James from ODOT at the Portland Auto Show about this. He said that AeroVironment has to fly an engineering team out for final inspection before they are turned on. Rather than flying them out here (from Tennessee?) each time one is installed, they are going to wait until all of them are done and inspect all of them in one pass. He expects the ribbon cutting/power-on to occur in March.

Also, the program name has been changed from West Coast Green Highway to West Coast Electric Highway. The term Green invited the argument that EVs are not green. You cannot argue that they are electric.

403752_10150513873028020_138510433019_8987796_1862312439_n.jpg

You can see pictures from the auto show here: http://goo.gl/zpto4

edatoakrun said:
Any news about Ashland? Does the map below look accurate, as to Southern Oregon?
http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?msid=213359050108102131982.0004b4a3f0c64a8fa421a&msa=0" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
My friend Chad made this map. When he told me about it, he emphasized the point that he was creating this from press releases and news stories. They often only listed the city name, not the exact location of the charger. If you zoom into most of them, you can see that they are in the middle of golf courses or other places that are obviously incorrect. This map is not meant to be used for to locate a charging station. Rather, it is intended to be the 50,000 foot view of the plans for the NW region. So keep CarStations, PlugShare, Recargo, Electromaps, or your-favorite station locator handy when you want to find some juice.

As far as I know, Aerovironment does not have a smartphone app like Blink and ChargePoint do (at least not for Android).

West Coast Electric Highway Grand Opening

Join us in the celebration of the nation’s longest electric vehicle fast-charger network! Drive Oregon’s Executive Director Jeff Allen will be speaking at this event.

Other highlights include: charging demonstrations, a car show featuring a Nissan leaf, Chevy Volt and Mitsubishi iMiEV, and a news conference with keynote speakers. Refreshments will be provided by Mellelo Coffee Roasters as well as Harry and David.

The event is free, but please register online at: http://westcoastelectrichighway.eventbrite.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Date:
March 16
11:00 a.m.

1510 Pine Street, Central Point, OR

http://www.roguevalleycleancities.org/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Is the DC charger live, and available to the public?

Any others, on 1-5, Southern Oregon, functional?

SOLE said:
West Coast Electric Highway Grand Opening

Join us in the celebration of the nation’s longest electric vehicle fast-charger network! Drive Oregon’s Executive Director Jeff Allen will be speaking at this event.

Other highlights include: charging demonstrations, a car show featuring a Nissan leaf, Chevy Volt and Mitsubishi iMiEV, and a news conference with keynote speakers. Refreshments will be provided by Mellelo Coffee Roasters as well as Harry and David.

The event is free, but please register online at: http://westcoastelectrichighway.eventbrite.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Date:
March 16
11:00 a.m.

1510 Pine Street, Central Point, OR

http://www.roguevalleycleancities.org/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

The start of the I5 electric corridor is awesome news. If we only had a bunch more QC stations in CA along I5, I would join you for this event. My family lives in OR.

It takes me 6 hours now to make the journey in a prius. In my Leaf, with frequent stopping for a charge, it would add a good 3 hours. Maybe less as my normal driving time already includes a half hour break.

Here are the Quick Charge Locations needed to get from the Bay Area to Southern Oregon and back.

Yreka CA to Ashland OR, 37 Miles /  60 Km 41 mins
Mount Shasta CA to Yreka CA, 38 Miles / 61 Km  42 mins
Redding to Mount Shasta CA, 62 miles /100 Km 1 hour 2 minutes
Corning CA to Redding CA, 50 Miles / 80 Km  51 mins
Williams CA to Corning CA, 56 Miles / 90 Km 56 mins
Vacaville CA to Williams CA, 61 Miles / 98 Km  1 hour 3 mins
Emeryville CA to Vacaville CA, 46 Miles / 74 Km 53 mins

EVDrive said:
The start of the I5 electric corridor is awesome news. If we only had a bunch more QC stations in CA along I5, I would join you for this event. My family lives in OR.

It takes me 6 hours now to make the journey in a prius. In my Leaf, with frequent stopping for a charge, it would add a good 3 hours. Maybe less as my normal driving time already includes a half hour break.

Here are the Quick Charge Locations needed to get from the Bay Area to Southern Oregon and back.

Yreka CA to Ashland OR, 37 Miles /  60 Km 41 mins
Mount Shasta CA to Yreka CA, 38 Miles / 61 Km  42 mins
Redding to Mount Shasta CA, 62 miles /100 Km 1 hour 2 minutes
Corning CA to Redding CA, 50 Miles / 80 Km  51 mins
Williams CA to Corning CA, 56 Miles / 90 Km 56 mins
Vacaville CA to Williams CA, 61 Miles / 98 Km  1 hour 3 mins
Emeryville CA to Vacaville CA, 46 Miles / 74 Km 53 mins

"Redding to Mount Shasta CA, 62 miles /100 Km 1 hour 2 minutes"

With about 3,000 ft. net ascent, only if you drive under 40 mph on I-5, with traffic passing you at 75+ mph!

Going the other way, you could make it, driving over 70 mph, though.

The rest all look doable both ways at (55-65 mph) freeway speeds, on 80% charges.

Of course, there is not a single DC charger (or even, any proposed) for your route, between Vacaville and Ashland...

Hey fellow Southern Oregon Leaf drivers are any of you already participating or interested in participating in the Rogue Valley Pear Blossom Parade. It may be too late to sign up but If not I thought it would be a good way to show the community that EV's are here and a viable option for many living in our region.

Back