Southern Oregon Leaf Enthusiasts!

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SOLE

Hello, to all the other hopeful prospective Nissan Leaf buyers in Southern Oregon. Post here and share how the process is going for you.

According to Lithia Nissan of Medford my Leaf order on track for delivery in December. Driving up to Hillsboro Saturday 11/6/6/2010 to test drive the Leaf. Anyone else in the Rogue Valley making the trip?

It sounds like a group of you are going to drive up to Hillsboro for the test drive event.

I know I'm going to be there!

I've started a thread on here where it may be nice to have postings linking the contest vids in one place so people can vote for the one they like best.

I've already looked at Dave's who has his posted here: http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=1427&start=0

The thread I set up is: Nissan Leaf Contest - Will you vote? ( http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=1497&start=0 )

Good Luck! and Have Fun!

- Kimberly A. Seits
-I'm just in it for the bike-

Hi all,

I didn't see anyone else from Eugene on here, but I also did the reservation on the first day and got to order my Leaf on October 22nd. I did it through Lithia Nissan in Eugene, and just went with the MSRP (what the heck). I also qualified for the Eco-Tech deal, so that's just going to be $37 my cost for the home charger.

Lithia seems pretty good. Friendly, knowledgeable for the most part. They said they are trying really hard to get a couple people actual Leaf's to people in December. Not sure how those people got them and why I couldn't, but that's what they said. Mine is the standard 3-4 month delivery range.

I was wondering if anyone else thought about financing it before you actually physically had the car to qualify for the tax rebate in 2010? It seems like all you would need is the VIN number to do that, and Nissan could maybe provide it ahead of time. There's also that pre-purchase tab on the Nissan site.

I'd love to hear anyones else's idea on that, and any info on how the state tax rebate would work (if there is one).

I suspect that there is nothing to stop you from buying a car
that is "not quite ready" for pickup from the dealer.

However, the IRS tax credit might not be based on date of purchase,
but the date "put into service" instead.

Theodore R. Kulongoski

Governor

NEWS RELEASE

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

November 1, 2010

Anna Richter Taylor, 503-378-6169

Jodi Sherwood, 503-378-6496

State of Oregon Honored for Leadership in Electric Vehicles

Oregon is first State to Receive International Industry Recognition

Salem — Today Governor Ted Kulongoski announced that the State of Oregon has been selected to receive the E-Visionary Award from the Electric Drive Transportation Association (EDTA) for the state’s leadership in transitioning to an electrified transportation system.

The award recognizes Oregon’s success in building the necessary infrastructure such as a network of electric vehicle (EV) charging stations as well as establishing incentives to support practicable and widespread use of EVs in the near future.

“We cannot think of a more deserving recipient for this honor. Oregon has made incredible strides toward the realization of sustainable mobility, and on an unprecedented scale,” said Brian Wynne, President of EDTA. “Their comprehensive model of electric drive implementation sets an example to be emulated across our nation and around the world.”

Oregon is the first U.S. state to ever receive the industry award. The award will be presented November 9th, at the 2010 Electric Vehicle Symposium and Exposition in Shenzhen, China. Tim McCabe, Director of the Oregon Business Development Department, will accept the award on behalf of the Governor.

“Three years ago, I saw an opportunity for Oregon to be a national leader for our nation both as a point of entry and as consumers for the next generation of electric vehicles,” said Governor Ted Kulongoski. “This international award recognizes our work to take that vision and put a plan in place that has established Oregon as a global leader in developing an electrified transportation system that moves us away from fossil-fueled vehicles to zero-emission ones while also creating economic opportunities for our ports, our manufacturing sector and our communities.”

Oregon’s recognition comes after 12 months of significant progress in establishing the infrastructure to support an EV market as well as a point of entry in the United States for this new, next generation of commuter vehicles.

Some of Oregon’s progress includes:

· Oregon was selected as one of the initial five markets for The EV Project, funded by the Recovery Act, is the largest deployment of EVs and charging stations in the nation. In that project, ECOtality will partner with Nissan to deploy approximately 900 electric vehicles (the Nissan LEAF) to Oregon.

* The EV Project will also deploy 1,100 public Level 2 charging stations in Portland, Eugene/Springfield, Salem/Keizer, Corvallis/Albany, and Medford/Ashland. The EV Project will also deploy 45 fast charge stations along I-5 between communities to ensure corridor connectivity between these urban areas. The “Level 2” chargers should start appearing in Western Oregon in the spring of 2011.

· Oregon established a state incentive of $1,500 to help offset the initial cost of the new-generation EVs coming to market that is applied on top of the federal incentive for EVs. The state also has incentives for the installation of charging stations.

* ODOT has been awarded $700,000 in Recovery Act funds to install up to eight EV fast charge stations, which can charge a depleted battery in about half an hour, along Interstate 5 from Eugene south to Ashland. The funds, awarded through the Oregon Department of Energy, will complement the current deployment of EV fast-charging infrastructure along I-5 from the Portland Metro area down to Eugene.

* In October 2010, ODOT was awarded $2 million through a federal competitive grant program called TIGER II to install DC fast charge stations. These fast charge stations will be deployed in communities throughout northwest Oregon, including small cities throughout the region as well as communities on major travel corridors and key destinations, including US 26, I-84, US 20, OR 18, OR 99W, and US 101. This project also complements the installation of charging

“There is great momentum in Oregon and throughout the Pacific Northwest to lead our nation toward energy independence through the aggressive development of renewable energy as well as the adoption of electric vehicles,” the Governor continued. “With the partnership of our utilities, Oregon made our mark early and it attracted new economic opportunity through private investments. This international award strengthens our position as a leader and I believe will lead to even greater economic opportunity in this emerging industry well into the future.”

The E-Visionary Award will also be presented by the European Association for Battery, Hybrid and Fuel cell Electric Vehicles (AVERE) to the City of Amsterdam, The Netherlands and by the Electric Vehicle Association of Asia Pacific (EVAAP) to the City of Shenzhen, China.

###

The Electric Drive Transportation Association (EDTA) is the preeminent industry association dedicated to advancing electric drive as a core technology on the road to sustainable mobility. As an advocate for the adoption of electric drive technologies, EDTA serves as the unified voice for the industry and is the primary source of information and education related to electric drive. Their membership includes a diverse representation of vehicle and equipment manufacturers, energy providers, component suppliers and end users.

The World Electric Vehicle Symposium and Exposition (EVS) series, organized by World Electric Vehicle Association (WEVA), is recognized as the premier event for academic, government and industry professionals involved in electric drive technologies. The World Electric Vehicle Association unites the Electric Vehicle Association of Asia Pacific (EVAAP), the European Association for Battery, Hybrid and Fuel cell Electric Vehicles (AVERE) and the Electric Drive Transportation Association (EDTA).

Received pictures today confirming installation of two L2 AV EVSE's at Lithia Nissan of Eugene. Anyone from Eugene noticed any more chargers around the city?

Confirmed Nissan Lithia of Medford has four L2 AV EVSE's installed at the dealer ship. Two outside for public use and two in the service center.

Pleased to report I now have my own L2 AV EVSE installed in my garage. I am told it is the first AV install done in the rogue valley. Now if I could only get a delivery date from Nissan.

April Delivery date email received this morning :? While i am glad my delivery date has finally switched from pending to April, I am confused why Nissan keeps telling me I am one of the first in the state of Oregon when that is clearly not the case. But at least I have a date. Still no VIN or anything however :cry: Anyone else in Southern Oregon received an email today?

Up here in Portland and just received my delivery month email too. It states April as well... I'm confused as well since others that approved RAQ's around the same time as I are receiving their cars earlier...

At least I finally have a month to look forward too!

Oh man it feels real now! :shock: Just received email indicating I can now get into Carwings. But wait there is more, I now have a VIN number and a delivery week (April 22nd). :D Any one else? or am I all alone down here in the southern part of the state :?:

Dissapointing News , my delivery week has been pushed back to May 03. It is a bitter pill to swallow after waiting this long. But hey its still on its way and a few more weeks is not so bad. On the positive side, the dealer has confirmed delivering one EV Project Leaf to a customer in Ashland. Again equal parts happy that someone in the Rogue Valley is driving a leaf around now and that I won't be the only one this summer =).

SOLE said:
Dissapointing News , my delivery week has been pushed back to May 03. It is a bitter pill to swallow after waiting this long. But hey its still on its way and a few more weeks is not so bad. On the positive side, the dealer has confirmed delivering one EV Project Leaf to a customer in Ashland. Again equal parts happy that someone in the Rogue Valley is driving a leaf around now and that I won't be the only one this summer =).
The date will move a bunch as it gets processed through the port and put on the truck for delivery. My date went about +21 days from 04/01 and back to -7 days, with the actual delivery ending up on 03/25.

One thing I would definitely recommend is that when you get your "7 days until delivery" email, call the dealer and ask about the truck delivery. That's when I called and was told my car was being backed off the truck right then! :D

@DarkStar I hope your right and I will keep my fingers crossed. My estimated delivery just moved back another week over night to Week of May 6th. However with the press release and video from Nissan EVP today, I suspect its not going to be any earlier.

Reservation: 4/20/2010 (like everyone)
Order Approved: 9/3/2010 ( so already 7 months past that)
Estimated delivery: Pending (until march 12th) :? -> 4/22/2011 :) -> 4/18/2011 :eek: -> 4/22/2011 :D -> 5/3/2011 :( -> 5/6/2011 :cry: -> :?:

Finally! :D My Silver SL+QC Nissan Leaf has arrived at the dealership (5/11/2011). My wife and I had a quick look at it and took care of the the paper work. Lithia Nissan of Medford will be doing all the inspections tomorrow and with any luck I can pick it in the evening. Lithia has been terrific throughout the entire ( 8+ months) process. Specifically our sales man Jimmy Riley and the GM Robert Sacks. There was also another (blue) LEAF that arrived with mine. When the 1st run of orders from Lithia are complete there should be close to 10 LEAFs cruising around the valley this summer :D . If you are one of them please reply. It would be great to organize a get together.

Today I received my 7-day email informing me that my Nissan Leaf would be available soon.... Uh Nissan I picked it up over 2 weeks ago. :lol: I fwd the email to my PD (Lithia Nissan of Medford) just for laughs. They said they don't have an answer why Nissan sent the email but did inform me that they should be receiving 3 more leafs in the next 30 days. When that happens i think it will double the number of Leafs on the road in Southern Oregon. :D

Back