Steering wheel heat

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jimmyz80

Just curious whether everyone else's steering wheel heater works like mine does... When I turn it on the wheel will get nice and toasty for 5-10 minutes. After that though, it seems to cool off and only be slightly warmed. I know it's not just my hands getting used to the heat, as it's a pretty big difference.

jimmyz80 said:
Just curious whether everyone else's steering wheel heater works like mine does... When I turn it on the wheel will get nice and toasty for 5-10 minutes. After that though, it seems to cool off and only be slightly warmed. I know it's not just my hands getting used to the heat, as it's a pretty big difference.

Mine cycles between very warm (almost uncomfortably warm) and "Is this thing even on?" :lol:

RonDawg said:
jimmyz80 said:

Mine cycles between very warm (almost uncomfortably warm) and "Is this thing even on?" :lol:

Ok good, it's not my imagination then. :)

planet4ever said:
I went to the search page and typed "steering wheel heat" in the Google bar. The first (non-ad) entry returned was
Heated steering wheel? - four pages of discussion of this issue.

The third entry was
Heated Steering Wheel - two more pages of the same.

Any bets as to whether any new information comes out in this thread?

Ray

Thanks for pointing out I'm an idiot. :)

jimmyz80 said:
Thanks for pointing out I'm an idiot. :)
It's OK, you're not an idiot; just a relative newcomer. And I'm sometimes just a grumpy old man. Actually, my comment was intended more for the seasoned posters here than for you. I was trying to suggest to them that perhaps we didn't need to repeat ourselves repetitiously again.

Ray

planet4ever said:
Actually, my comment was intended more for the seasoned posters here than for you. I was trying to suggest to them that perhaps we didn't need to repeat ourselves repetitiously again.

I know most forums have a requirement that you search the threads for similar topics before you start a new thread. I didn't know we had to do the same to reply.

Well I'll waste a little bandwidth here too... So what's actually worse:
A: Noobs who post a new thread for something that's already been thoroughly discussed?
Or
B: Grizzled vets who live on the forum and post detailed responses linking to all the previous threads?

I'm actually asking in all seriousness as I oscillate between the two.. Sometimes I see a thread for the first time (Yes the steering heat off time is too long!) and other times am annoyed when the same thing comes up yet again ("ok" to carwings on startup?!?!? Although some of the final responses on that last thread where hilarious and certainly worth my time as I was rotflol!)

GregH said:
B: Grizzled vets who live on the forum and post detailed responses linking to all the previous threads?
The worst are the vets who say "there are several threads already, you should have searched", then DON'T provide any useful links.

Also, can't the mods combine similar threads? I've never seen them do that, but that would probably be best.

This happens on a lot of forums, it's human nature.

As more new Leafers find it, it'll happen more often.

Maybe a Leaf FAQ page would help.

Seems like a lot of newcomers lately, sales must be picking up.

GregH said:
Well I'll waste a little bandwidth here too... So what's actually worse:
A: Noobs who post a new thread for something that's already been thoroughly discussed?
Or

Personally, neither bother me all that much. And for those that it does bother, there's nothing in the Terms of Service that says you MUST answer.

My steering wheel did an odd one today...got very hot, shut off. after a few minutes I was thinking, damn, I wish that was back on...I looked down and noticed the switch had turned off. I turned it back on, and it got hot, shut itself off again, but the light stayed on (even after it cycles itself off)...pretty sure the light always stays on. I pretty certain I didn't shut it off, and equally as certain I did not hit the eco button.

6yearstilbreakeven said:
My steering wheel did an odd one today...got very hot, shut off. after a few minutes I was thinking, damn, I wish that was back on...I looked down and noticed the switch had turned off. I turned it back on, and it got hot, shut itself off again, but the light stayed on (even after it cycles itself off)...pretty sure the light always stays on. I pretty certain I didn't shut it off, and equally as certain I did not hit the eco button.

I noticed a couple of months ago on a long drive, that my steering wheel heat seems to turn itself off after about 30 minutes of use. About 70 miles through the heart of Bay Area commute traffic. I think I had to turn it back on 3 or 4 times! :eek:

Back