Stuck at 1.2kW Charging rate

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

R1200RT

Leaf Supporting Member
I am charging my 2013 LS using my Juice Box 40. It used to be able to charge the Leaf at near 6.6kw rate. Now today it only charges the Leaf at 1.2kW rate. What is causing this?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you

Check for codes with LeafSpy. Maybe something is off and it is defaulting to 1.2kW. You could also try another EVSE to see if the problem follows the car or the EVSE.

The reduced charging rate of your Nissan Leaf could be due to a number of reasons, including:

Low battery voltage: If the battery voltage of your Leaf is low, the charging rate will be reduced to protect the battery.

Charger incompatibility: Your Juice Box 40 may not be compatible with the charging system of your Leaf. It's possible that the charger and the car have different charging protocols, leading to a reduced charging rate.

Charger degradation: Over time, the charging rate of a charger can decrease due to wear and tear.

Cable issues: If the charging cable is damaged or worn, it can also result in reduced charging rates.

Vehicle software update: Nissan has released software updates for the Leaf that can affect charging performance. It's possible that an update has been applied to your Leaf that has resulted in a reduced charging rate.

If you have tried all the above steps and the charging rate remains low, it is advisable to take your vehicle to a Nissan dealership for further diagnosis and repair.

Back