TAX question of the day....week....year?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nubo said:
garygid said:
Your question was answered:
about 50¢ per taxpayer.

$7500 * about 10,000 EVs = $75,000,000

divide by 177,000,000 taxpayers = about $0.50 each

But for HIS LEAF (which I think was what he was after), the cost would be 50 cents divided by 10,000, or 0.005 cents

You are correct, I was looking for an amount for my LEAF.
I had done some calculations with numbers provided by the IRS and some links of the total USA EV's, Hybrids etc
(all that benefited from this rebate) but the calculator started smoking and burst into flames from all of the numbers.... :)

lpickup said:
So you'll have to get 1000 naysayers together, hand them a nickel and tell them to split it!

That's my plan!!

Actually it is to respond to a particular editorial in our local paper from a former GM Exec. :)
It was very politically written.

My response will be factual with an offer from me to send him his contribution to our cause. :eek:

etracing said:
Nubo said:
garygid said:
Your question was answered:
about 50¢ per taxpayer.

$7500 * about 10,000 EVs = $75,000,000

divide by 177,000,000 taxpayers = about $0.50 each

But for HIS LEAF (which I think was what he was after), the cost would be 50 cents divided by 10,000, or 0.005 cents

You are correct, I was looking for an amount for my LEAF.

he is not. the # of cars that got that credit is WAAAAAY OFF. i agree the Volt is not an option for me, but it cannot be ignored.

and everything is a two way street. what does the Government make by not spending for every Leaf on the road?

that question will get your calculator smoking!

Back