The CA-MiEV. Will they build it, and will it come here?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
CA - compliance automobile

It's going to cut into Leaf sales. It'll be interesting how Nissan will address the impending threat of CA-Miev eating their pie. I'd buy BEV with 160-mile range at 1/2 Tesla price in a jiffy. Hoping for normal control buttons though. Screen only is definitely not my thing.

Nissan actualy listened and changed those stupid heat and fan rocker switches to simple dials in 2013 models. Good going there, Nissan.

ILETRIC said:
It's going to cut into Leaf sales. It'll be interesting how Nissan will address the impending threat of CA-Miev eating their pie.
I see nothing impending about CA-MiEV. They are still waiting for next gen battery. May be in 2015 ...

Afterall, it will take a year for Mitsu to even bring to US Outlander PHEV that is available in Japan now.

ILETRIC said:
CA - compliance automobile

It's going to cut into Leaf sales. It'll be interesting how Nissan will address the impending threat of CA-Miev eating their pie. I'd buy BEV with 160-mile range at 1/2 Tesla price in a jiffy. Hoping for normal control buttons though. Screen only is definitely not my thing.

Nissan actualy listened and changed those stupid heat and fan rocker switches to simple dials in 2013 models. Good going there, Nissan.
Only in the S model, I believe. From what I've seen, the SV and SL have the same set-up as before, but you can turn the heat off now. Sigh. If I were in the market for a Leaf I'd want the S' HVAC controls, but also the heat pump (and cruise control) that is only available on the higher trim versions.

Back