The Electric Generation

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

evchels

As mentioned in previous threads, one of my projects is helping the Edison Electric Institute (EEI -an association representing the shareholder-owned electric utilities in the US), plan and launch a community-oriented campaign to generate consumer interest about the benefits of plug-in vehicles and using electricity as a transportation fuel. Over the last several months, I’ve asked for input from you all on various fronts in order to shape the effort in ways that authentically reflect the voices of enthusiasts, and really appreciate everyone who’s participated so far.

The resulting campaign, The Electric Generation, represents the electric utility industry’s commitment to the widespread adoption of electricity as a transportation fuel. It is meant to amplify and add to existing efforts, not to compete with or replace them. So, much of the content is driver or community generated (including articles written by folks in this forum), the faces in the logo and on the site are actual drivers and enthusiasts, etc. We also aim to vary that content - basic information for the “EV curious”, along with tips and information that will appeal to those who already have EVs- recognizing that along the way, the utility industry is learning from all of you as well.

The site has now been up for a couple months, and we’ve been thrilled to see many of you join. If you haven’t yet, you can do so here. Pretty please? :)

http://theelectricgeneration.org/get-involved/join-us/

In addition, I’d love your feedback about what you see, and what you’d like to see. How else can this effort enhance what you all are already doing, and encourage more folks to join our collective choir?

Thanks,

chels.

Great job, Chelsea! I'm glad you went with "Electric Generation!"

Here is some other feedback:

- I'm very disappointed that the EV1 did not get a mention in the history section! ;)

- I don't like that you must join Facebook to comment. I guess I won't be commenting.

- Consider moving the "Driving Electric" tab one position to the left.

- Domestic dogs? Really? Frankly I think that takes away from the credibility of the site a bit.

- Consider discussing the fact that many people lease an EV for less money than they currently spend to purchase gasoline for their commute. This is the low-hanging fruit, IMO.

Again, great job! I'll see if it will let me be involved without Facebook.

RegGuheert said:
- Domestic dogs? Really? Frankly I think that takes away from the credibility of the site a bit.
I had the exact opposite reaction. Great humorous April 1 post which will connect for a lot of people who love their pets (especially dogs). Their love of animals will make them more open to the underlying message about EV.

Great job! I was unable to upload a picture, although I clicked the browser button and selected one (my story was all that saved to the site). Is there only a certain file type picture that will load and is there a way to edit your story/membership to re-try adding a picture?

Thanks for all you're doing to promote this.

Kathy

Thanks for the feedback! Keep it coming...

RegGuheert said:
- I don't like that you must join Facebook to comment. I guess I won't be commenting.

A quick note on this- yes, we understand some aren't into fb. Therefore, we've added another method to join (a pop-up screen in which you manually enter your info, no connection to any social network), and will be doing the same for the comments.

I'll give it a read, but my first comment is, YES! Thanks you for your work on this. With the electric power industry behind EVs, we have a chance! Now, we just need a large network of 50-150 KW QC's without demand charges. Using existing smart grid technology, this should not be a problem. Let the QC's pump out the maximum when the grid is "happy" and ratchet down when the grid is "running low". Here's a link: http://www.greencarcongress.com/2013/03/pnnl-20130306.html

Reddy

smkettner said:
At 16 cents super off-peak rates from SCE, I can see why the electric company is excited about expanding EVs.
Yes, easy to see. I pay 15 cents per kwh 24/7 from LA DWP, and that is for 100% renewable energy.

Back