The Nissan Leaf is the best car I've ever owned

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Your GF has a lead foot on the acclerator.

My DH says that his problem with the EV is that it is quiet!! He likes the VARROOOOM noises.

Best car: Buell M2 Cyclone.

09Bamb00 said:
Your GF has a lead foot on the acclerator.

My DH says that his problem with the EV is that it is quiet!! He likes the VARROOOOM noises.

Best car: Buell M2 Cyclone.

She also has a lead foot on the brake, which by using regen I now use the brake sparingly. She is a certified yoga instructor, but you could not tell that when she is behind the wheel. :)

;) ok, just gotta relate this story. the other day i was headed to West Oly via Tumwater Hill. to get there, there is a steep uphill hairpin turn that runs in front of the freeway exit. speed limit is 25 mph.

to show how well the LEAF accelerates, i have a tendency to cut the corner and floor it going up the hill (remember, hill is very steep) and the low center of gravity allows me to negotiate the very tight turn easily.

well, the other day, i did it, was doing probably 40 rounding the turn, and BOOM :eek: Tumwater Cop was sitting on the side of the road checking for speeders coming down the hill. :evil: figured that was a ticket i could not really afford to pay right now. i immediately took my foot off the accelerator knowing it was way too late to hide the fact and puttered up the hill at a steady 24 mph.

as i watched in my rear view mirror...nothing :?: how could he have not seen me??

but then i realized; i was in a LEAF :lol: a VERY silent LEAF !! the cop did not hear me coming so he was not looking at me so i was probably able to slow down fast enough that he did not look up from his FB on his phone in time :D :D

She also has a lead foot on the brake, which by using regen I now use the brake sparingly. She is a certified yoga instructor, but you could not tell that when she is behind the wheel.

next time remember your neck brace. ;)

09Bamb00 said:
She also has a lead foot on the brake, which by using regen I now use the brake sparingly. She is a certified yoga instructor, but you could not tell that when she is behind the wheel.

next time remember your neck brace. ;)

Fortunately I know to keep my mouth shut. Driving down the road and I spot a light up ahead turn yellow, while she maintains speed. I want to exclaim 'Start coasting now!' Instead I just say 'Your green eyes sure look nice in the sunlight'.

Nubo said:
I rank my LEAF right up there with my other favorite car, a 1990 Mazda Miata.

That being said, I think I'm justifiably concerned about the battery longevity right now. But I am remaining optimistic that Nissan will rise to the occasion.

Ditto on the Miata being my other favorite. I love driving our Leaf, and the only thing better would be an electric Miata. I had a '91 and a '95, and those cars were so much fun to drive, especially around corners.

Although I've been frustrated about the battery thing, I really love driving the Leaf. The combination of being so incredibly smooth, while also being so incredibly quiet, is simply seductive. My wife drives our Leaf to work every day, but when she gets home I almost always find a reason to drive it somewhere, just to drive.

A great car should inspire people to drive, even when there's nowhere in particular to go, and both the Miata and Leaf fit that bill.

jspearman said:
I love driving our Leaf, and the only thing better would be an electric Miata.
I believe a few adventurous souls braved a conversion. You come to appreciate factory EVs like the Leaf after you have done or seen one of these.

DaveinOlyWA said:
;) ok, just gotta relate this story. the other day i was headed to West Oly via Tumwater Hill. to get there, there is a steep uphill hairpin turn that runs in front of the freeway exit. speed limit is 25 mph.

to show how well the LEAF accelerates, i have a tendency to cut the corner and floor it going up the hill (remember, hill is very steep) and the low center of gravity allows me to negotiate the very tight turn easily.

well, the other day, i did it, was doing probably 40 rounding the turn, and BOOM :eek: Tumwater Cop was sitting on the side of the road checking for speeders coming down the hill. :evil: figured that was a ticket i could not really afford to pay right now. i immediately took my foot off the accelerator knowing it was way too late to hide the fact and puttered up the hill at a steady 24 mph.

as i watched in my rear view mirror...nothing :?: how could he have not seen me??

but then i realized; i was in a LEAF :lol: a VERY silent LEAF !! the cop did not hear me coming so he was not looking at me so i was probably able to slow down fast enough that he did not look up from his FB on his phone in time :D :D

roflmao
:lol:

+1

1 year and 12.5K miles on my car. Total joy to drive and not a single issue. My daily mileage is about 50, with 40 of those being freeway. I still usually have 4 bars left at the end of the day.

I have a habit on my daily commute to check where 2nd charge bar goes off and 2 weeks ago I hit a new record :) So the batteries are holding up pretty well in my car.

I still admire the guts Nissan had to put this car to the market, knowing there are so many unknowns and thousand things that can go wrong and a certain backlash to follow every issue small or big.

Limus

limus said:
+1

1 year and 12.5K miles on my car. Total joy to drive and not a single issue. My daily mileage is about 50, with 40 of those being freeway. I still usually have 4 bars left at the end of the day.

I have a habit on my daily commute to check where 2nd charge bar goes off and 2 weeks ago I hit a new record :) So the batteries are holding up pretty well in my car.

I still admire the guts Nissan had to put this car to the market, knowing there are so many unknowns and thousand things that can go wrong and a certain backlash to follow every issue small or big.

Limus

Do you charge to 80% or 100%? I have about the same commute and when I charge to 80% I only have about 2 to 3 bars left.

marccbr said:
limus said:
+1

Limus

Do you charge to 80% or 100%? I have about the same commute and when I charge to 80% I only have about 2 to 3 bars left.

I charge to 100% - my daily commute takes me right on the freeway from the beginning.

18,000 miles later. I love my Leaf. Looking forward to see what changes Nissan has for the 2013 so I can decide if I am going to trade up or stick with the 2011.

Back