The official "I got my Leaf" thread

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
LEAFer said:
garygid said:
Shipped from Japan with (maybe) 11 bars showing, received at US Port of Entry with 6 bars showing.
Mogur would have to confirm ... is the "mark" in the 11 position a "stray mark" or a real "check mark" ? Hard to tell or easily deceptive on the scanned in version ...

I am guessing "stray" as typed in notation near bottom of card indicates standard is a 35% charge level at shipment.

It appears to be a stray mark like a mar. The fact that there are no initials in that column would also tend to lend credence to that. It's more obvious on the original than on the scan...

Beachcliffs said:
LEAFer said:
garygid said:
Shipped from Japan with (maybe) 11 bars showing, received at US Port of Entry with 6 bars showing.
Mogur would have to confirm ... is the "mark" in the 11 position a "stray mark" or a real "check mark" ? Hard to tell or easily deceptive on the scanned in version ...

I am guessing "stray" as typed in notation near bottom of card indicates standard is a 35% charge level at shipment.

Got my Glacier Pearl Leaf delivered today afternoon. Very satisfied with the ride so far. Excellent customer service by Chico Nissan. Would post detailed report later tonight or tomorrow.

Yeah - I'm an owner~!! Had my toenails painted 'cayenne red' yesterday for the occasion!

Finally I am getting time to write about my first drive on 3/9/11.
Left Chico for my almost 90 miles drive to Granite Bay, after a full charge showing a range of 99 miles.
Drove to Yuba City, about 45 miles from Chico. Went to my friend's house there.
Had done 60 miles by that time and range left on the dashboard was 32 miles in regular drive mode.
Trickle charged for about 4 hours and added about 30 miles of range.
Started my next stretch to go about 45 miles. Reached home with 13 miles left on the range.
About 90% of drive was on free way with speed ranging between 60-75 mph.
It is worth mentioning that if you just follow the displayed range, it may be misleading. The range does drop rather quickly on free way speeds, as already confirmed by many of forum members driving for a much longer period.
So far my energy usage has been around 3.8 m/kwh. This again appears comparable to most of previous Leaf drivers.
As a side note, I tested AV EVSE the first night itself. So far, it has been working fine with no issues.
I just wanted to take this opportunity to thank Ron Ricci and his coworker Antonio at Chico Nissan for their excellent customer service and professionalism. Ron actually drove all the way to pick me up from Granite Bay. I won't have any hesitations to any one who wants to do business with this great dealership.
I also wanted to express my gratitude and thanks to every one on this forum for superb advice and unbiased views.
I would keep following the forum. Looking forward to get Nissan Level I AVSE modified by Ingineer.

Today was my first drive as a LEAF owner.
Got to the dealership at 11 am (Northbay Nissan, Petaluma). Victor took good care of me, I had read the owner's manual ahead of time, so I had very few questions.
Went for a quick drive and then it was time to decide of buy vs. lease. I opted for leasing, for a set of reasons. I think I'll quite probably end up keeping the car, but I was ok to pay some extra for the option not to -- I will certainly drive an EV for many years to come, at this point I'm not sure it will be a LEAF (maybe there is a Model S in my future?).
I did not drive immediately back to my home in Belmont, as my family and I made a day trip out of it. We spent the afternoon in Petaluma and only left in the late afternoon.
I started the driving back with the LEAF giving me a predicted range of about 90 miles (I needed about 67 miles, so I had a bit of anxiety).
I drove with both of my kids with me, giving the wife a peaceful drive home, as they both wanted to drive in the new car.
Of all the things to run out of juice, it was my iPhone that died before I started my drive home (and I forgot the usb cable at home, relying on bluetooth) -- so much for the play list I had prepared for my first drive...
I drove pretty much at the speed I usually keep with my prius (I am no F1 driver, nor a stereotypical Italian driver) with one eye on the predicted range and one eye on the navigation map -- I tried to give myself a 20m cushion, as I did not want to get home in turtle mode. Apart from an steep uphill section of the highway, where the power consumption goes way up, it was no problem to stick to my plan.
I enjoyed the quiet drive, all the tech in the car, the beautiful Nor Cal day with gorgeous view from the Golden Gate and, last but not least, the fact that I could drive a car that emits no pollutants just like I would any other car.
I arrived home with 20 predicted miles left, my plan worked!
The LEAF has more than enough range for my daily commute (50m round trip) and will keep a smile on my face for a long time knowing that I do not emit any pollutants in my commute (I charge it with the solar panels on my roof) and have fun doing it.

A BIG Congrats to : Linda, Harv and Fabio !!!! Have fun with your new toy!!!

I'm scheduled to get mine next weekend!!

Azrich said:
A BIG Congrats to : Linda, Harv and Fabio !!!! Have fun with your new toy!!!

I'm scheduled to get mine next weekend!!

Thanks Azrich. I am sure you would totally enjoy it too. So far, this car has invoked "eye-brow" raising reaction from most of "on-lookers". I wish this curiosity is ever-increasing and would sustain the EV movement.

Drove my 2 day old LEAF to the "local" NIssan dealership (I bought it 45 miles away). Boy were they ever interested! And Green with envy that I had one. Their first is not scheduled until the end of this month. I gotta say, it's fun to know more about the car than the salesmen!!! :lol:

Well, I've driven nearly 300 miles in my LEAF. Time to fill 'er up...oh wait...I don't do that any more. :D

A few thoughts...

1) I scraped the undercarriage on day three. Watch those driveways folks!.

2) The windshield washer does hit fairly low on the windshield. At higher speeds, it's fine, but around town it' doesn't really do the job. Time for an adjustment.

3) I'm pretty happy in ECO mode. And since I'm producing my own electricity to power Sally, the more efficient I am, the better.

4) I'm going to need a step-stool in the garage for use when washing the car. I can't reach the middle of the roof!

5) I sure don't think like the software engineers who put the NAV system together. But then where I live, I so rarely need NAV it really doesn't matter.

6) Why does http://www.nissan.usa/owners/login time out so dang fast? It's not like this is a banking site! And is there a way to get to Carwings other than through the car status page?

Mostly Sally and I are very happy together!
Linda

I officially got my (our) LEAF. Love it. Had I known the Nissan emblems on the front and rear of the car were blue, I would not have chosen red, maybe I missed the part of the ordering info that told you this. Oh well. I'll call her Supercar. Also, the cargo storage add-on seems kinda cheap and the protection package does not seem to cover much of the front bumper. $500 or so dollars that I didn't need to spend. Now I need to read through all of the Blink and timer threads, cuz even though I have both the timers set for charging after 7pm, when I plugged in the car, it started charging right away.

azdre said:
I officially got my (our) LEAF. Love it. Had I known the Nissan emblems on the front and rear of the car were blue, I would not have chosen red, maybe I missed the part of the ordering info that told you this..

I thought you could peal off thin blue film off the emblems.

pksd1 said:
azdre said:
I officially got my (our) LEAF. Love it. Had I known the Nissan emblems on the front and rear of the car were blue, I would not have chosen red, maybe I missed the part of the ordering info that told you this..

I was told I couldn't, that it's not actually a film, but I sure as heck am gonna try.

azdre said:
pksd1 said:
azdre said:

I was told I couldn't, that it's not actually a film, but I sure as heck am gonna try.

I think the blue is anodized on there, so be extra careful if you try picking it off. It may just scratch. And, actually I've had several compliments on the blue logos on my Cayenne red car.

Back