The official "I got my Leaf" thread

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
drlesley said:
When and where are the Leafers of Orange County meeting next? I'd like to attend!

Thanks,
drlesley

HI drlesley. You'll be welcome.

Next meetup is at Cerritos on April 9, Saturday morning at 0800 approx. Location is Cerritos Nissan off the 605 at South Street.
Breakfast provided by Cerritos Nissan, etc.

Tune in to this thread for the So Cal LEAF Branch. Please log on to this thread to notify Gary that you'll be coming:
http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=1148&start=370

drlesley said:
When and where are the Leafers of Orange County meeting next? I'd like to attend!

Thanks,
drlesley

For an Orange County electrician, I recommend Jason Wakefield. He's a small, family run operation, does the work himself. He put in my new power panel and did a prompt, clean and cost effective job. At least one other forum member has used him and also recommended him highly.

Jason Wakefield
714-883-5064

Vin 892, picked my SL up today at Vallejo Nissan and they are very nice.
They wanted to be buy an insurance policy, but it was low pressure.

Carwings is working (bring your username/password to the dlr). I got 3.8 miles
to the Kw/h on the way home (mostly freeway): 52 miels, but I like my red leaf!

Order: 9/2/10 Delivered: 4/4/11

Waiting is.
Jerry

Picked up Sunday, 4/3. from Premier Nissian San Jose (no manuals since they were locked up in the service managers office).
Topped off charge with the L1 equipment that evening.
AV EVSE installed yesterday, 4/4. Salesman stopped by the house, on his day off, with the manuals and spare key (totally unexpected).

Have been reluctant to turn on the A/C however.

smkettner said:
drlesley said:
Would love a list of available southern california level 3 charging stations but I can't seem to find it.

*snip*

Here are a few L2:
https://www.chargepointportal.net/index.php/device/devicelocation.html
Enter your zip and a radius

I think Google maps can display some but many could be non J connectors

So far, the vast majority of SoCal L2 charging is 1) ChargePoint, and 2) A/V at Nissan dealers (well, the ones who let non-customers use theirs). Carwings is slowly recognizing the dealerships, but not the ChargePoint units, at least not yet.

It's well worth getting a ChargePoint card ($10 online, or free if you call them and get the right person) as well as their smartphone app, which is GPS-enabled and tells you which stations are near, and are currently available/in use. The card contains an RFID chip that activates the chargers. Eventually, as host sites move from free to fee, you would probably convert your ChargePoint card to stored value (like a Starbucks card) to purchase charges. Their Bberry app has worked flawlessly for me.

We got our Silver SL+QC from North Bay Nissan in Petaluma on Saturday April 2. Mileage showed 16. Carwings worked fine. Dealer offered the Security+ package and I felt it was worthwhile.

Unfortunately, we were hit with the "A/C issue", so after only 18 miles, had to go on a flatbed back to the dealer. They should be finished with it tomorrow.

Love this car -- so quiet!

Michael

Picked mine up yesterday from Nissan of Vacaville. The previous "Internet" sales person had taken a note to not install the front license plate bracket. Then she got fired. Amazingly enough, they couldn't find the paperwork/folder she had started. So, word did not make it to the shop in time. They mounted the damn thing. I had them take it back off. Wow! That's all I can say for the holes they made. Four holes total. 2ea 3/8" holes and 2ea 1" holes. I was a bit upset to put it mildly. But, to there credit. When I showed up in the afternoon to do the paperwork and take the car home. They stepped up to the plate. They comped me the 75mos/100kmiles security plus, they found me better financing than my credit union by 1%, and they put it writing that they will foot the bill to have the bumper repaired. Pretty awesome if you ask me. These guys at Nissan of Vacaville are great. Glad I picked them to buy my car.

rawhog said:
Picked mine up yesterday from Nissan of Vacaville. The previous "Internet" sales person had taken a note to not install the front license plate bracket. Then she got fired. Amazingly enough, they couldn't find the paperwork/folder she had started. So, word did not make it to the shop in time. They mounted the damn thing. I had them take it back off. Wow! That's all I can say for the holes they made. Four holes total. 2ea 3/8" holes and 2ea 1" holes. I was a bit upset to put it mildly. But, to there credit. When I showed up in the afternoon to do the paperwork and take the car home. They stepped up to the plate. They comped me the 75mos/100kmiles security plus, they found me better financing than my credit union by 1%, and they put it writing that they will foot the bill to have the bumper repaired. Pretty awesome if you ask me. These guys at Nissan of Vacaville are great. Glad I picked them to buy my car.

Can you explain why you wouldn't want the front license plate bracket installed? I thought you have to have a front license in California.

DarkStar said:
lzendle said:
Can you explain why you wouldn't want the front license plate bracket installed? I thought you have to have a front license in California.
Once you go No-Holes, you can never go back! :D

http://gominigo.com/NHLPB-main.html

hm, I don't think I like the location of that one
_wsb_485x360_NissanLeafNHLPBkit.jpg

Yes, the great state of Cali has said that you must have a front license plate. With that said, I don't like the look. 10 years of PT Cruising withou front plate. The law actually says words to the effect that the plate must be mounted where it is visible to law enforcement and the public. I plan on drilling a bunch of holes in the front plate so air can pass through it, trim down the height a bit. Then I'm going to squeeze it in to the "grill".

I don't have my Leaf yet but those who actually have the car, have you considered one of those Retractable Front License Plate Kit?

for e.g. http://www.swiftmotorsports.com/product_info.php?products_id=3922

I shot them an email but without the car I can not confirm if it will work for the Leaf.

Thx

Got mine yesterday! I think I'm the 2nd person in Dallas/Ft.Worth area to take delivery. I was also very lucky. I've been on the reservation list for over a year and my order had been changed to pending a few days ago. Then I started looking at a Chevy volt and by sheer coincidence ran into a person who said another Nissan dealer across town might have a leaf available. I called and they did, because the person who ordered it backed out. So I drove over to Dallas (I live in Ft.Worth) and bought it.

I admit I had a bit of range anxiety driving it home because it was going to be a long drive, approx 50 miles. But we made it home with plenty of range to spare.

I was also irritated at the finance person because he tried to sell me a maintenance plan, telling me "This car requires a ton of maintenance and if you don't get all of these things done every 3,700 miles, they will void your warranty." I looked at the list of things and they were all stupid things like inspect brake pads, lubricate ball joints, etc.. The only thing on this huge list that was related to EVs was "inspect lithium battery pack." I asked the guy why they would void the warranty on this car being that the other traditional gas vehicles have all of those same parts, but are not required to inspect them every 3,700 miles. Also I mentioned that Nissan advertises the car as low maintenance and he was telling me that it was higher maintenance than a regular car... I think he was lying just to sell me the service contract, which I didn't buy.

adric22 said:
I was also irritated at the finance person because he tried to sell me a maintenance plan, telling me "This car requires a ton of maintenance and if you don't get all of these things done every 3,700 miles, they will void your warranty." I looked at the list of things and they were all stupid things like inspect brake pads, lubricate ball joints, etc.. The only thing on this huge list that was related to EVs was "inspect lithium battery pack." I asked the guy why they would void the warranty on this car being that the other traditional gas vehicles have all of those same parts, but are not required to inspect them every 3,700 miles. Also I mentioned that Nissan advertises the car as low maintenance and he was telling me that it was higher maintenance than a regular car... I think he was lying just to sell me the service contract, which I didn't buy.
They are just selling piece of mind. On average it is a financial loser for the consumer. Did the dealer honor your original RAQ price for the orphan?

adric22 said:
Got mine yesterday!
Congrats - can you share how much you paid? Did they sell it to you at your previously ordered price?

The only service the LEAF really needs in the first couple years of ownership (according to the manual) are the annual battery inspection (which is free) and brake fluid flushes every 2 years.

Latest posts

Back