Tier 4 orders now opening

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
eh you may have to call the dealer and give em your vin# and ask if there are any open service campaigns

you could open your drivers door with the car in drive and see if you get a chime and or a "P range" message in the center cluster

scottwilcox said:
I am in Missouri which I think must be tier 30 or something. I heard from the dealer that they are letting the early hand raisers like me order in May. ...

I just hope someone offers and EV in St. Louis before all the tax credits are gone. ...

I test drove a Leaf in O'Fallon IL in early February, and the dealer told me that they would be able to start selling Leafs to buyers from outside Illinois in March. Sure enough, yesterday (Feb 29) I got an e-mail from Nissan stating that Leafs will be available nationwide in March. Last night I went to my Nissan reservation and submitted a request for quote, and shortly thereafter received an automated afterhours response from the dealer that it had received the RFQ and would contact me.

EnergyNovice said:
I'm new to the forum can someone please explain what tier 4 is?
When Nissan first started selling the LEAF in the USA they started in a few states, called "Tier 1", due to limited supply. Then they opened it to more states, "Tier 2", and so forth. Around March of this year ordering for the LEAF was opened to all states, including the last ones, "Tier 4". Since that time it was no longer necessary to order the LEAF through the Nissan website and they can now be leased/purchased from any "LEAF certified" Nissan dealer (many dealers are not LEAF certified, so availability remains limited in some places).

Back