Time to charge to 50% or 80%?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

theaveng

When I rented a Leaf yesterday, I plugged into the charger and it reported 7 hours to fill the empty battery.

How much would it have taken to reach 50% full or 80% full? I couldn't find that on the screen. Also is there any hope in the future Leaf could use a Tesla supercharger or similar tech? (That can charge half the battery in approximately half an hour)

Leaf 6.6kW can already today charge in 15min with the newest speed chargers. The default fast charge is still 30min in most public places.
In France there is an electric bus which charges in 15sec using a new flash charge tech.

I have used only standard home 220V/10A outlet so far, because it works just fine. I have the car's timer set for charging start, because electricity is 50% cheaper after clock 21:30, and then I have a climate timer set for 08:10 so the car is always warm and the windows melted from ice when I drive to work.

You trying to convince me I could charge my empty Leaf in only 30 minutes instead of the 240V/7 hours displayed on the screen???
That sounds very hard to believe

theaveng said:
When I rented a Leaf yesterday, I plugged into the charger and it reported 7 hours to fill the empty battery.

How much would it have taken to reach 50% full or 80% full? I couldn't find that on the screen. Also is there any hope in the future Leaf could use a Tesla supercharger or similar tech? (That can charge half the battery in approximately half an hour)

This thread will give you an insight on various Evse Amp/Volt setups and times.

Nissan LEAF Miles Gained per Hour Charging:

http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=13008&start=10" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Fred

The insight has No option for a 30 minute charge from empty (5%)..... it would overheat. The Leaf has the 480V connector, but even that fast charge connector requires a few hours, based upon what I've read. Has that changed? I could charge an empty Leaf in just 30 minutes?

theaveng said:
I could charge an empty Leaf in just 30 minutes?
Yes. To 80% in 25 minutes IIRC. It could be slower if the battery is particularly cold or hot. This has always been true for the LEAF with a QC port.

Back