Tires about 3 points higher one side

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gabecava

Hi guys, first post here, recently got a "used" 2023 SV Plus with just 115 miles on it from a Kia dealership, looks like it was never owned by an individual. Anyway, the PSI is always about 3 points higher on passenger side of the car, both tires. I'm not sure what would cause this or if it was just some weird random issue of someone just getting distracted filling up the tires. But it's 39 on the right side and 36 on the left, both front and back. Should this be cause for concern or should I just air up the left side as well and run with 39 on both sides?

Second note, I did get the rear left door latch fixed under manufacturer warranty at Nissan since it was shutting funny. But after that it's perfectly fine, also managed to knock the original selling price down a bit because of it. Carfax is clean from any wrecks or anything like that but that did make me pause a bit thinking maybe something happened in this car.

I recommend that you use an accurate hand-held tire pressure gauge to set the cold tire pressures for all 4 tires to the same pressure. My experience is that handling is better with pressures in the range of 42 to 44 psi rather than the Nissan recommended 36 psi. Since I have never had problems with the tire pressure sensors in any of my LEAF's, I think you will find that the car's tire pressures displayed on the dash match after properly inflating the tires.

R1200RT said:
How are you measuring tire pressure? I hope it's with a hand held pressure gauge. I would not trust the on board tpms.

Definitely using the TPMS, but good point might just need to check it with a gauge, maybe setting things manually would level things out on the sensors too.

GerryAZ said:
I recommend that you use an accurate hand-held tire pressure gauge to set the cold tire pressures for all 4 tires to the same pressure. My experience is that handling is better with pressures in the range of 42 to 44 psi rather than the Nissan recommended 36 psi. Since I have never had problems with the tire pressure sensors in any of my LEAF's, I think you will find that the car's tire pressures displayed on the dash match after properly inflating the tires.

Yeah I was curious about that as well, 42 to 44 seems so high but I guess the car is pretty dang heavy. I was thinking of maybe just setting everything at 40 and trying it out for a week to see. And then go higher another week.

Back