Tracking ships !

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
relytgerg said:
DoxyLover said:
I got my VIN over a month before my dealer got my (California) Leaf in October. I can't imagine that it sat for a month in the dock!
Actually, a month from dock to dealer delivery has been reported as an expected and/or experienced time frame in these forums.
Really? I am surprised it would take that long. :shock:

I wouldn't count on an e-mail. I got almost no e-mails during the entire process.

From your "dashboard" you check to see if you are allowed to activate CarWings. If you are, it will direct you to another Nissan web site where your VIN should be displayed.

I didn't have a VIN until this week. There was a paperwork snafu (I was told by the fourth CS person I
contacted about this issue) -- the numbers didn't get from the piece of paper to "the system". This
happened to "a batch" of cars.

So I got my VIN on Tuesday morning, and my car ARRIVED YESTERDAY at my dealer. However,
because of previous out-of-state (flying) travel plans, I will be picking it up Tuesday - a week after
my VIN became available (because the carwings tab opened up on the dashboard).

Perhaps you can read between the lines and note that I'm relating my experience because I'm
TOTALLY PSYCHED that my car is here!!! :) :)

Weatherman said:
I wouldn't count on an e-mail. I got almost no e-mails during the entire process.

From your "dashboard" you check to see if you are allowed to activate CarWings. If you are, it will direct you to another Nissan web site where your VIN should be displayed.
My experience has been the same. And the website does say that one will only get an e-mail if the delivery date changes by more than two weeks from what is currently displayed.

The VIN is displayed in my owner's account, which I was allowed to set up when the "Week of" date finally appeared.

dgpcolorado said:
Weatherman said:

My experience has been the same. And the website does say that one will only get an e-mail if the delivery date changes by more than two weeks from what is currently displayed.

The VIN is displayed in my owner's account, which I was allowed to set up when the "Week of" date finally appeared.

Where? I've been checking my account almost daily. Enable Carwings has not been enabled yet, but the "week of 02 December" appeared on Monday 31 Oct.

N952JL said:
Where? I've been checking my account almost daily. Enable Carwings has not been enabled yet, but the "week of 02 December" appeared on Monday 31 Oct.
If you can't access Carwings, try two tabs down and see if you can open the "own" tab and launch the owner's portal. That may be another way to register as an owner and would enable you to see your VIN.

But Carwings was enabled at the same time as my delivery time was updated for me, so if that doesn't work for you, I don't know what to suggest except that perhaps your car hasn't reached port yet, despite the delivery week.

dgpcolorado said:
N952JL said:
If you can't access Carwings, try two tabs down and see if you can open the "own" tab and launch the owner's portal. That may be another way to register as an owner and would enable you to see your VIN.

But Carwings was enabled at the same time as my delivery time was updated for me, so if that doesn't work for you, I don't know what to suggest except that perhaps your car hasn't reached port yet, despite the delivery week.

According to CS, my car left Japan on 21 Oct and is expected to arrive in Jacksonville Fl on 1 Dec with delivery the week after IE week of 2 Dec to 9 Dec. I expect it around the 15th. It will be my Christmas present.

Hoegh Trident hasn't updated on web site marinetraffic.com, but should be in the panama canal at this time. 20 days till delivery in Atlanta. should be in Jax on 15th.

N952JL said:
According to CS, my car left Japan on 21 Oct and is expected to arrive in Jacksonville Fl on 1 Dec with delivery the week after IE week of 2 Dec to 9 Dec. I expect it around the 15th. It will be my Christmas present.

What is CS? And how do you access it?

Spindoctor said:
N952JL said:

What is CS? And how do you access it?

"CS" is Customer Service.

click this link https://www.nissanusa.com/leaf-electric-car/login/auth and sign on to your account with your credentials. Click on "my account".

In the upper right corner of your account page is a live chat link. You can use that, or you can just call the 800 number... 877-664-2738.

And then be prepared to be misinformed and/or out-right lied to! :lol:

jimcmorr said:
In the upper right corner of your account page is a live chat link. You can use that, or you can just call the 800 number... 877-664-2738.

TomT said:
And then be prepared to be misinformed and/or out-right lied to! :lol:

jimcmorr said:

heh heh.. :lol:

At least be ready with a few "grains of salt". :D

N952JL said:
I hate to disappoint you, but this appears to be CS just telling you what you want to hear. The known ships that left Oppama and are taking that route are the Hoegh Trident which left on 10/14, and the Grand Orion which left around 10/28. I've been watching closely and I don't believe there are any ships that left near 10/21 that are scheduled to go to Jacksonville.

We can wait and see.

Hey!!!!
My dahboard says Dec 2nd and that is the day I go get my Leaf.

I am sure Nissanwould not feed me false info.................. well apart from delivery dates of Dec 2011....March 2012.....Early Summer......Late Summer......Fall..........DECEMBER 2nd 2011........???? 2012

Can't find Hoegh Trident, AIS mapping shows it still off coast of Mexico when it should be thru the panama canel onward to texas then florida

Leaftogo1 said:
Can't find Hoegh Trident, AIS mapping shows it still off coast of Mexico when it should be thru the panama canel onward to texas then florida

Found it , it's in Jamaica fueling up.Scheduled to leave tomorrow.

The Hoegh Trident has now left Port Royal and is heading on to:
Galveston, TX - scheduled for 11/10/11
Jacksonville, FL - scheduled for 11/14/11
Newport News, VA - scheduled for 11/16/11
New York (Newark, NJ) - scheduled for 11/17/11
Baltimore, MD - scheduled for 11/19/11

Back