Used 2013 Leaf SL?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dayflowr

While searching local inventory in WA, I found a USED 2013 SL with 7200 miles on it. Was owned for 5 months and the vehicle history report shows a lein and that it went to auto auction and now is for sale. They have it listed for:
$31,788 MSRP
$25,585 Sale Price

I haven't been able to find any values for used 2013's. Does anyone have any info? Should I look into it or is it better to just go new? I'm looking to lease and I don't know if they would offer this for a lease price.

dayflowr said:
While searching local inventory in WA, I found a USED 2013 SL with 7200 miles on it. Was owned for 5 months and the vehicle history report shows a lein and that it went to auto auction and now is for sale. They have it listed for:
$31,788 MSRP
$25,585 Sale Price

I haven't been able to find any values for used 2013's. Does anyone have any info? Should I look into it or is it better to just go new? I'm looking to lease and I don't know if they would offer this for a lease price.

Now if this really was an MSRP $31,788 car then you could buy that same car new for something less than that and then claim a $7500 tax credit. So, this is a really horrible deal.

I see a lot of this. In Pueblo, Colorado, a dealer was asking $29k for a used 2013 SL with a few miles on it. Keep in mind that in Colorado there is an approximately $5100 tax credit to go with the state credit, or about $12,600 in total available for a NEW LEAF but nothing available for a used LEAF. (Well, there is a small credit if you transport a used LEAF from out of state.) So the cost of that car NEW would have been in the range of $21k. Obviously either the dealer is ignorant of tax credits or is hoping to sell to a buyer who is ignorant of tax credits.

Welcome to the screwy world of government incentives. Dealer's price is about $5,000 too high, I agree, for a used Leaf with zero or little incentives.
It's truly sad that a perfect used Leaf cannot be leased with incentives IMO. But, that's the way it is.
Most folks agree that a lease is the way to go, due to battery degradation, but if the price is right, owning a "like new" Leaf could work for you - IF - your planned daily commute is less than 40 miles. In 5 years that 72 mile (mixed driving) range will be about 55 miles. Depending on your electric power rate (Seattle area?) you could save a big chunk of change by purchasing the used Leaf AT THE RIGHT PRICE.
My 2 cents.
Bill P.

I was thinking it was probably high. I'd rather stick with a Nissan dealer anyway so that I have an easy transition into a new lease. If I lease with a different dealer I don't think it will go so smoothly.

Agree with the lease new sentiment. Also, something is fishy here. The MSRP of an SL is $34,000+. Are you sure it's an SL?

But that aside think of it this way: Let's say you got a not particularly great deal and negotiated the price down from supposed MSRP to $31,000. Just the federal credit alone would take the car's "price" down to $23,500. (If Washington gives you any credits subtract those, too). We're already down well below asking price for the car. Now if you take into consideration the mileage on the car you'd expect it to be at least a few hundred dollars, maybe a couple grand, lower.

Back