Used Leaf battery replacement questions

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Spectre12

Hey all. I've been pondering the idea of buying a used 2011 or 2012 Leaf with three or more bars lost. My question is: Will I be qualified for a free battery replacement even if I am not the first owner? Thanks :)

As long as the previous owner has not opted out of the settlement (a dealer can tell you), you qualify for the 5 year/60K capacity warranty.

Spectre12 said:
Hey all. I've been pondering the idea of buying a used 2011 or 2012 Leaf with three or more bars lost. My question is: Will I be qualified for a free battery replacement even if I am not the first owner? Thanks :)

The best way to make sure is to have a Nissan service manager pull up the VIN, and make sure there is not a "B0133 - No Battery Capacity Warranty" in your Service Comm report.

You will not be technically qualified and Nissan could repair the battery to a minimum of 9 bars. However, Nissan has been replacing most batteries with (new) as a current business practice. If they continue with that practice, you will get a new one if it previously has not been opted out.

Back