Used some my One2One for the free Nissan rental this weekend

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

philipscoggins

Had a trip to take out of town this weekend & contacted my dealer about using my One2One rewards for the free car rental. For those who don't know, if you buy/lease a LEAF you get 10 days of free car rentals. They gave me a choice of about 5 Nissan models. I told them I was driving about 550 miles, round trip, & wanted the nicest thing they had with good gas mileage. They suggested an Altima. Picked it up Friday, nice 2012 car with 6k miles on it. I haven't driven an ice car for almost 2 months... I hated it! I felt like everyone posting about how jerkey & rough they felt ice cars were after driving their LEAF for a while. It took quite a while to get used to it, but the jerkyness at slow speeds and the lack of regenerative braking was so different. I couldn't wait to get back on Sunday to drive my LEAF home. :D

Which leads me to another question. When I dropped my car off I had asked them to check out a dent in the hatchback, no scratches or anything, someone bumped me. They said they couldn't fix it as they didn't have a body shop on site, but they would run a free 21 point inspection and plug it in for me Saturday night so my timer could charge it up for me on schedule. Only 2 salesmen were there Sunday when I picked up the car & there was no paperwork. But my car's brakes seem to be different, hard to explain, but maybe a little "tighter". I had considered asking them to install the grabby brakes update since it bothered me a little, but was in a hurry and figured I'd worry about it some other time. Question :?: , is there a way to tell what version LEAF software/firmware my car is running and what updates have been installed?

BTW, it cost me $75 in gas... more than I will spend all month to drive my LEAF a little less than 2000 miles...

Philip

philipscoggins said:
Question :?: , is there a way to tell what version LEAF software/firmware my car is running and what updates have been installed?
No, not for the brakes. There is not one version of software for the entire car, but rather there are different versions for each of the systems or subsystems in your LEAF. (This had originally confused me, as well.) The only firmware version you can read yourself is the one for the navigation/entertainment system.

Glad to hear the experience went smoothly. I have a weekend trip coming up and am looking into getting the Free rental too. The Leaf definitely has some positives but ICE cars aren't that bad. At least you get to drive normal and not worry about range. The biggest thing I miss about ICE cars is driving in the left lanes of the freeways. :)

Do all the dealerships know about this?

It's the first I hear about this.

We can rent a car for up to 10 days? For free.

Without anything wrong with the Leaf.

This is great! Where is this stated in the paperwork?

woodyas said:
Do all the dealerships know about this?

It's the first I hear about this.

We can rent a car for up to 10 days? For free.

Without anything wrong with the Leaf.

This is great! Where is this stated in the paperwork?

Dealership should sign up all new Nissan purchasers (leasers too) for the program. It's like a rewards card for the grocery store, only for Nissan dealerships. But there's a bonus for LEAF buyers in the deal.

https://www.nissanonetoonerewards.com/

You'll need to call your dealership for your login info.

There's a thread somewhere on here where this is discussed in more detail, but this is the basics & it is for all LEAFs purchased during a specific time frame (we're still in it)

Philip

DaveinOlyWA said:
wow, just spent $400 for a rental while the Prius accident was getting settled. wish I had known about this
The idea was floated in a survey I received and posted about at http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=8685" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;.

There was http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=10105" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;, which originally started w/a very misleading title. It was originally started as a statement "Nissan to offer loaner cars for long distance driving." when it was still in speculation phase.

Poster of http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?p=238768#p238768" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; mentioned receiving an email from his dealer about it. I'm unclear about whether you were eligible for it.

DaveinOlyWA said:
wow, just spent $400 for a rental while the Prius accident was getting settled. wish I had known about this

I gather that it was for LEAFs purchased or leased after a certain date (in 2012?), so we early adopters don't get this perk, Dave. Someone please confirm.

cwerdna said:
DaveinOlyWA said:
The idea was floated in a survey I received and posted about at http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=8685" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;.

There was http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=10105" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;, which originally started w/a very misleading title. It was originally started as a statement "Nissan to offer loaner cars for long distance driving." when it was still in speculation phase.

Poster of http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?p=238768#p238768" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; mentioned receiving an email from his dealer about it. I'm unclear about whether you were eligible for it.

heck, i took the same survey but i thought this was something they were "thinking" about...apparently was a pretty serious thought. i will call dealer after i get back in town to see what up. i am not even sure they are still in business.

Boomer23 said:
I gather that it was for LEAFs purchased or leased after a certain date (in 2012?), so we early adopters don't get this perk, Dave. Someone please confirm.

No, we don't get it. It was around July.

However, as a Connell buyer, you can get a loaner at no charge while your car is in for maintenance. Which is jolly nice of them. Just schedule your service for when you have a road trip coming up. ;)

It's called the Go The Distance program. Here's a link to one dealer's site with some details

http://www.carsonnissan.com/nissan-leaf-rental-car-program.htm

It started June 4th 2012 and any buyer should be automatically signed up for the program.

10 days of free rentals and you have 10 years to use them. I was given my choice of about 5 cars for my free rental. I asked for the nicest car with good gas mileage & was given a 2012 Altima.

They updated my car with the new anti-grabby brake update, much better, washed the car & hooked me up to their charger on Saturday night, so my timer could have it ready for me on Sunday.

Two thumbs up for Downtown Nashville Nissan! They have really been great.

Philip

Tried to use one of my free rentals today and the dealer says that Nissan has discontinued the "go the distance program". Has anyone else had any success with the free rental?

I'm pretty sure it's from Nissan corporate & not contingent on a dealership.

Did you get signed up for the one-to-on rewards program (It's like a grocery store card program basically & they are supposed to sign you up whenever you buy a car)?

Speak to the Owner Loyalty Manager at you dealership, that's who took care of me.

Philip

Yes, I signed up for the one-to-one rewards program. But if I log into the program, the "Go the Distance" promotion item is no longer there. The dealer said that for some reason Nissan had discontinued the program. Doesn't sound fair to me.

BTW, One2One points can be used for service and vehicle sales, but not apparently for parts sales. If you want any parts, see if you can get the service writer to open a ticket and "purchase" the parts for you on that ticket.

I emailed my customer service rep (Downtown Nashville Nissan) asking if it was still in effect and got this in reply...

<snip>
The program goes until March 31,2013 maybe the dealer he is working with is not a part of the program! Please let me know if I can help you in anyway!

Thanks,
Glenda
<snip>

So it's still being offered in Nashville. Anyone buying a new LEAF be sure to get the best deal or look other places!

Philip

I called Nissan EV Customer Support Team and Brenda helped me out. She said the "Go the Distance" program was still active. She called the dealership and then called me back. I need to first go to service and open up a repair order (even though there is no repair work done) and then take that to the rental desk. She was extremely helpful and a pleasure to work with. I am going to try it tomorrow and hopefully it will work out.

Update: Picked up the rental yesterday, no problems. Definitely a nice perk. The program for new purchases/leases expires at the end of this month. I wonder if they will extend it.

Pssst.........

Lean in.........

Don't tell anybody I told you this cause I don't want to screw up my deal but.......

I called the customer care line and asked about the go the distance program. They said my dealer was not part of it. I said "No problem, I love my Leaf, no biggie"

The customer service guy said Nissan will pay for my rental for 5 days at $40 a day. I just have to send them the receipt for the rental.

Headed to Colorado in a week.

How cool is that?

Back