USER MANUAL....I FOUND IT!

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
turbo2ltr said:
Doesn't that seem to be in direct conflict with the statement a few paragraphs before:

The way I interpret it: You can't run the climate control AND charge the battery at the same time, so if there is a conflict with the timers such that both are scheduled to occur, you can select which one takes priority; ie stop charging and turn on the climate control, or delay climate control until battery charging is complete.

See page CH-19/CH-20 (67 & 68 of the PDF)

Presumably this is to not overload the charging system's 3.3kW max output by trying to maintain battery charge AND operate the heat/AC. Since all power at the charge port must pass through the charger first, this makes sense to me. It even mentions that if the climate control requires more than the charger can handle, it'll turn it off.
=Smidge=

mwalsh said:
Azrich said:
Whoa!! Way to go! Ok, let us in on your secrets. Where did you find it? I've looked everywhere. Was it one of your "connections"?

I kept plugging the Altima and Juke into the Owner's Portal page to see how the manuals for those were formatted. Then I tried applying the same URLs but changing them out for all variations of LEAF, leaf, Leaf. But those didn't work. Then I thought "well, if the file maybe has the same file name format....". So I put "2011-Nissan-Leaf.pdf" into a Google search, and it came up as like the third or fourth link. :D

It has to be very recent - I tried the same thing about 2 weeks ago to no avail. nice job!

SUPER CATCH mwalsh, thank you!

There are some interesting notes on cold weather operation. There is a low temperature warning below 37 degrees F and a warning regarding freezing the battery at -13 degrees F and therefore being unable to charge it until it warms up. There were certainly days in Minnesota when I would have several days at -13 degrees......so it does make one wonder about the Cold Weather Package and this possible issue.

So now you know, and know is half the battle!

Michael Walsh, greatest American Hero -- well, American now, before he was just an ordinary, everyday Time Lord like genius who we just called, The Doctor!

Hey, did anyone see a recommended maintenance schedule in the user manual (or anywhere else?) I didn't see one, and the only advice I saw was to rotate the tires every 7,500 mi.
:?:

I found the Japanese Navigation owners manual. Not too much help though. :)

http://www.nissan.co.jp/OPTIONAL-PARTS/NAVIOM/MOP/t00na-3nf0a.html

Mdg56 said:
Hey, did anyone see a recommended maintenance schedule in the user manual (or anywhere else?) I didn't see one, and the only advice I saw was to rotate the tires every 7,500 mi.
:?:

Yeah, that was up a while ago:

http://nissan-leaf.net/wp-content/uploads/2010/11/773326-2011-Nissan-Leaf-SMG.pdf

cdub said:
I found the Japanese Navigation owners manual. Not too much help though. :)

http://www.nissan.co.jp/OPTIONAL-PARTS/NAVIOM/MOP/t00na-3nf0a.html

mwalsh,

This Navigation for the LEAF manual would be super to have it available.

Can you make an extra effort IOT get it and make our Christmas even better ;)?

ruimegas said:

I'll send a few emails today, and see what I can do. Don't seem to be able to find that one without someone on the inside helping.

mwalsh said:
ruimegas said:

I'll send a few emails today, and see what I can do. Don't seem to be able to find that one without someone on the inside helping.

Thank you for the effort :)

Back