Using clone ELM327 Bluetooth OBDII adapter with Leaf

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
DeaneG said:
Stoaty said:
All you have to do is tap at the top of the screen (which varies depending on whether it is portrait or landscape). Left 1/3 is Screen 1, middle 1/3 is screen 2, right 1/3 is screen 3. As simple as possible.
Indeed, but it is unlike any Android app I have used in 3+ years of owning a smartphone. I never figured out how to switch screens on this app until I saw your post.

LOL, thanks for that. I don't feel like such a goofball for not knowing that now. :oops:

Turbo3 said:
Version 0.19t is now in DropBox

* Screen 3 changed to white on black
* Settings %Cap changed to Battery and now lets you adjust the cell voltage used for Gids/kWh.

Black background for screen 3 is much better. Thanks.

DeaneG said:
Stoaty said:
All you have to do is tap at the top of the screen (which varies depending on whether it is portrait or landscape). Left 1/3 is Screen 1, middle 1/3 is screen 2, right 1/3 is screen 3. As simple as possible.
Indeed, but it is unlike any Android app I have used in 3+ years of owning a smartphone. I never figured out how to switch screens on this app until I saw your post.

Usually you'd just swipe left or right to change screens. Often there are a few dots to tell you where you are.
New version 0.19t replaces touching the top section to change screens to the more traditional swipe left/right.

No Dots yet.

Turbo3 said:
New version 0.19t replaces touching the top section to change screens to the more traditional swipe left/right.
Just used it and think the swipe interface is a better implementation. I do agree that some sort of page numbering (dots or 1/3) indication would be good too.

Small suggestion: You might consider having an option to lock into landscape mode only.

DropBox version 0.19t now has the dots in lower left corner. Comments?

Also comfirmed that this version should fix the crash problem on the Nexus 7 as well as crashes on other devices. After a test drive the Bad Hex counter was at 2 which means that without the catch code the app would have crashed.

If you have had the app crash on you please use this version and after a drive check the Bad Hex counter in settings to see if any bad hex data has been detected. If yes then report back here the count value.

Since my 12V has run down twice now, I really need to watch it closer. Would it be possible to make the font one size larger? Thanks.

I would probably make the left/right swipes wrap the screen
selection around to show the first/last screen.
Then, one swipe always gets a response, and you are
only one swipe away from either of the other screens.

When the histogram gets near the edge, it seemed to "bounce"
back away from the edge.

I was hoping that it would slide left until it would go off-graph,
and then the axis would slide right just enough to accommodate the data.
Generally a smoother visual effect, only moving the axis minimally,
and only when actually necessary to avoid off-graph data.

WOW, that was quick.

The swipes wrap nicely.

The histogram tic marks on 10 mv points, and the 2-decimal
labels on every other tic really make it a lot easier to read.
Well done.

The Histogram in the latest nnt version:

1. Putting in the first (left) label would be helpful, if possible.

2. Rendering all the horizontal axis labels as two decimals
without the zero suppression (like 4.00), would be easier
to read, in my opinion.

Without getting in the car, I do not see the 12v battery voltage,
is that intended?

a link to explanations of what everything means would be fantastic for documentation and newbie training.... (also for older folks that can't remember stuff like me)

Turbo3 said:
LEAFfan said:
Since my 12V has run down twice now, I really need to watch it closer. Would it be possible to make the font one size larger? Thanks.
Updated 0.19t. Battery voltage is larger and just above "SOC" in lower left corner.

Screens now wrap around.

Awesome! Thanks so much!

Love the swipes and the little dots at the bottom. Very well done! However, I really dislike a black screen with white text for screen 3. I find it hard to read. My preference would be either: revert colors on screen 3 to what they were (or provide an option) OR possibly black text on a white screen (like reading a book). Either of these would be far easier on the eyes.

PS Colors for Screen 1 and 2 are probably OK, since I don't plan to be looking at them much while I am driving.

Would it be possible to add the watts used to the log file? That way the log would be great for historical purposes.

Thanks.

garygTx said:
Would it be possible to add the watts used to the log file? That way the log would be great for historical purposes.

Thanks.
The watts used is just an estimation right? The meter doesn't actually give you that does it?

I was driving and hit LBW and the SoC was a little over 20%. I thought it was supposed to be closer to 17%?

Back