Volt production halted

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
evnow said:
scottf200 said:
The point I was making in my original post is they even closed down a plant for a top selling car, the Cruze, and the media did not jump on that yet for a slow selling Volt they considered it doomday and there were dozens and dozens of articles.
The original point Ackerson was making is well and good - but he needs to watch his words. Otherwise the original point gets lost ("be on the message") in some side discussion dissecting the sentence, like it is happening here.
Well, Akerson is the CEO of GM and virtually all (if not all) of their non-discontinued individual passenger car models FAR outnumber Volts in sales. The health of GM goes far beyond how the Volt's doing.

It just would be nice if Akerson made accurate statements instead of misleading people or outright lying, in the case of his Cruze sales claims.

cwerdna said:
It just would be nice if Akerson made accurate statements instead of misleading people or outright lying, in the case of his Cruze sales claims.
Ghosn throws more BS than Akerson, and neither of them holds a candle to Musk. In case you hadn't noticed, spinning is what politicians and CEOs get paid to do. Given that the Cruze was the top selling compact car for 2011, technically Akerson was correct in much the same way that it's correct to say that the Giants are the NFL champions until the next Superbowl rolls around.

Not seeing a reason to get your panties in a bunch.

SanDust said:
Given that the Cruze was the top selling compact car for 2011, technically Akerson was correct in much the same way that it's correct to say that the Giants are the NFL champions until the next Superbowl rolls around.
Technically Akerson is wrong. Corolla/Matrix was the highest seller (240,259) vs Cruze (232,588).

evnow said:
SanDust said:
Given that the Cruze was the top selling compact car for 2011, technically Akerson was correct in much the same way that it's correct to say that the Giants are the NFL champions until the next Superbowl rolls around.
Technically Akerson is wrong. Corolla/Matrix was the highest seller (240,259) vs Cruze (232,588).
200,000+ are great selling cars. And to bring us back to reality and to why *EV folks want to split hairs and be adversarial instead of supporting each other. :roll: :eek:
http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=2883" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
PlugInMonthlySales.png

Pipcecil said:
smkettner said:
GM seems to think there are plenty on the lots. Go down and pick one up ;)
I wish it was that easy, her choice of colors (interior and exterior) are not normal (red with the black/white leather - dealerships carry boring colors for her: silver, white, and black she dislikes abunch), but the biggest contention is the radio, which she refuses to budge on is a MyLink radio. Since production on those only started after the retooling on the factory in February, they aren't on the lots and no one carries any with MyLink. So its just disappointment for her and me dealing with it, especially having my $1,000k tied up even longer.
Thanks for that explanation. Puts things into perspective moreso now. Red seems to be very popular outside of CA.

scottf200 said:
evnow said:
SanDust said:
200,000+ are great selling cars.
Don't keep moving the goal post. As I said technically he is wrong. Let us accept that and move on - instead of trying to defend his statement.

scottf200 said:
Pipcecil said:
smkettner said:
GM seems to think there are plenty on the lots. Go down and pick one up ;)
I wish it was that easy, her choice of colors (interior and exterior) are not normal (red with the black/white leather - dealerships carry boring colors for her: silver, white, and black she dislikes abunch), but the biggest contention is the radio, which she refuses to budge on is a MyLink radio. Since production on those only started after the retooling on the factory in February, they aren't on the lots and no one carries any with MyLink. So its just disappointment for her and me dealing with it, especially having my $1,000k tied up even longer.
Thanks for that explanation. Puts things into perspective moreso now. Red seems to be very popular outside of CA.
BTW, they seem to still be cranking them out.
GM-has-sent-1236-Volts-to-the-paint-shack-this-past-week!
http://gm-volt.com/forum/showthread.php?12233-GM-has-sent-1236-Volts-to-the-paint-shack-this-past-week" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;!

Amen to that!

scottf200 said:
evnow said:
SanDust said:
200,000+ are great selling cars. And to bring us back to reality and to why *EV folks want to split hairs and be adversarial instead of supporting each other. :roll: :eek:
http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=2883" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
PlugInMonthlySales.png

Back