VPP program for Leaf 2013 : Invoice - $1,000

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My VPP Lease Quote:

24 month for 24k miles
$254.99 + $10.19 sales tax =$265.18
$1300 drive off.
MSRP $35,445 (SV with both pkgs and cargo organizer)
INVOICE $33,620
VPP PRICE $32,620
RESIDUAL $21,267
REBATE $7825

Does this seem like a good deal? The breakdown of the $1300 includes first month's rent and other fees that that they are going to break down for me.

oxo said:
My VPP Lease Quote:

24 month for 24k miles
$254.99 + $10.19 sales tax =$265.18
$1300 drive off.
MSRP $35,445 (SV with both pkgs and cargo organizer)
INVOICE $33,620
VPP PRICE $32,620
RESIDUAL $21,267
REBATE $7825

Does this seem like a good deal? The breakdown of the $1300 includes first month's rent and other fees that that they are going to break down for me.

High. Invoice looks bloated by some $500 - may be they added some marketing fee ? Ask them to take it off. Also check that $1300 to make sure there are no junk fees.

evnow said:
High. Invoice looks bloated by some $500 - may be they added some marketing fee ? Ask them to take it off. Also check that $1300 to make sure there are no junk fees.

This is the actual factory sticker MSRP. No dealer ads:

Base SV $31820
LED/QC 2130
Floor Mats & Cargo Mats 170
Recycling Organizational Pkg 225
Premium Pkg 1050
Destination 850
Total MSRP $35745

The recycling organizational pkg sounds useless. I would prefer a Homelink mirror. Can one be gotten?

One87Ag said:
Thanks for this post! I just took advantage of it last night to get my 2013 SL. Good price with no haggle. Overall great buying experience.

Details? Numbers? I live in CA, and was eligible for the VPP, but didn't know about it until after we leased the car.

$2700 down including 1st payment, $255 a month 35 mo. (including tax) for S model with $1300 quick charge, $165 splash guards and $175 or so floormats.

From what I can tell, the VPP would have knocked about $610 off my price.

Hi,

I have been quoted below price for SV with QC, floor mat, cargo net, and splash guard.

I'm in bay area

LEASE FOR 24 MONTHS
WITH $0.00 TOTAL CASH DOWN
YOUR PAYMENT PER MONTH IS $249.30 plus tax*
BASED WITH 12,000 MILES PER YEAR

LEASE FOR 36 MONTHS
YOUR PAYMENT PER MONTH IS $284.87 plus tax*

I do like the 24 months quote, but I am puzzled why is 36 months quote higher. It should be lower since the residual value is only 10% lower and I am going to make payment for one extra year. What am I missing here?

Thanks,

jigneshs said:
I do like the 24 months quote, but I am puzzled why is 36 months quote higher. It should be lower since the residual value is only 10% lower and I am going to make payment for one extra year. What am I missing here?

Nissan is effectively making a $7500 down payment for you via the tax incentives. If you spread that downpayment out over 24 months it has a bigger impact on the monthly payment than if spread over 36 months.

Never mind the note below, we just picked up two 2013 SL models!

---------------------------------------------------------------------
I don't qualify for the VPP otherwise, but I was recently made aware that there is a special VPP for college educators specifically for the LEAF and LEAF only. My wife and I were considering getting two. However after trying to fit all the baby gear in the back of the car we are reconsidering the choice of the LEAF for her. We really wanted to replace both of our gas powered cars with electric only vehicles. Does anyone know of any other VPP that might be available to college professors for anything remotely comparable to the LEAF but a tad bigger? We really want two LEAF cars, but want to see what our options are. I tried searching for similar programs from other manufacturers but I just didn't see anything.

Here are the quotes that I have gotten for S and SL for VPP pricing in Atlanta, GA with $0 down; 24 monhts/12K mileage per year.

The quotes seem a bit high with VPP pricing - any feedback? what is the target price that I should shoot for? Thanks for your feedback.

S with charger (MSRP: $31,265)
Downpayment: $0
Monthly Payment: $299.24 ($240.76 + $58.48 tax)
Disposition Fees: $395
===============
Total cost: $7,059.08

SL (MSRP: $36,320)
Downpayment: $0
Monthly Payment: $415.36 ($343.64 + $71.72 tax)
Disposition Fees: $395
===============
Total cost: $10,363.64

jigneshs said:
Hi,

I have been quoted below price for SV with QC, floor mat, cargo net, and splash guard.

I'm in bay area

LEASE FOR 24 MONTHS
YOUR PAYMENT PER MONTH IS $249.30 plus tax*

LEASE FOR 36 MONTHS
YOUR PAYMENT PER MONTH IS $284.87 plus tax*
Those look great, but what are the payments and total cash down with tax, license, etc.?

Is it still invoice -$1000 on VPP? I'm on plan D and the dealer says it's only -$250.

Also, here is an email in re: to 15k mi lease with zero down and no end of lease fees. Yesterday he quoted me at $312/mo on SV 24mo, 15k/y, but after asking for it in writing, well:

"I have been informed that the residual change on July 1 has resulted in a change in payment. Your paymant for a 2013 SV Leaf msrp including taxes,vpp considerations with 1st paymant due at signing is 330.16 per month. Through the end of August) A 36 month laease is actually 331.06 per month."

Is it good?

marcin said:
Is it still invoice -$1000 on VPP? I'm on plan D and the dealer says it's only -$250.

http://www.insidenissan.com/monthly_dplan.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; shows that D Plan pricing on the 2013 Leaf is $1000 below invoice. I am buying a Leaf SV tomorrow and was told I would get this pricing.

http://www.insidenissan.com/contact.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; has a contact phone number for questions/concerns on the VPP.

marcin said:

Also, here is an email in re: to 15k mi lease with zero down and no end of lease fees. Yesterday he quoted me at $312/mo on SV 24mo, 15k/y, but after asking for it in writing, well:

"I have been informed that the residual change on July 1 has resulted in a change in payment. Your paymant for a 2013 SV Leaf msrp including taxes,vpp considerations with 1st paymant due at signing is 330.16 per month. Through the end of August) A 36 month laease is actually 331.06 per month."

Is it good?

oh oh... I knew it wouldn't last.

Here is the deal:
Purchase in Illinois, registration in Indiana
first month payment and 7% tax (IN) on the $7500 rebate is $812
24 months at $286 for 15k mi/year
2013 SV, black, floor mat/cargo mat/cargo net/safety kit/splash guards/LED & Q Charge
end of lease fee $395

Overall seems as $336.29/mo if I would not extend the lease with Nissan after 24 months.

I do not like the black color and safety kit with cargo net seems unnecessary so I am waiting for the next delivery truck. Most likely I will finalize in August. Also I am working with my local power company on securing $1650 credit to install L2 charger at home. My employer offered me 110v plug and front line parking too :)

Getting close to the deal, but is it a deal? I'm VPP plan D, however the dealer said this is a better offer than on VPP. Comments?

marcin said:
Here is the deal:
Purchase in Illinois, registration in Indiana
first month payment and 7% tax (IN) on the $7500 rebate is $812
24 months at $286 for 15k mi/year
2013 SV, black, floor mat/cargo mat/cargo net/safety kit/splash guards/LED & Q Charge
end of lease fee $395

Overall seems as $336.29/mo if I would not extend the lease with Nissan after 24 months.

I do not like the black color and safety kit with cargo net seems unnecessary so I am waiting for the next delivery truck. Most likely I will finalize in August. Also I am working with my local power company on securing $1650 credit to install L2 charger at home. My employer offered me 110v plug and front line parking too :)

Getting close to the deal, but is it a deal? I'm VPP plan D, however the dealer said this is a better offer than on VPP. Comments?

All Leafs are A Plan. No matter your VPP tier, you get A Plan when you buy a Leaf.

At least two dealerships in the Bay Area (San Francisco) are doing the VPP leases currently. My Leaf was an S with the QC package, $2998 down, $135 +tax per month, 36 month leas 12k mi per year. Ends up being $145 and change per month. In CA we still get the $2500 rebate from the state, so I should get most of the down payment back.

Back