wait for 2019 leaf?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If history is anything to go by, the 40 kWh LEAFs will go on a fire sale some 3 - 6 months before the 60 kWh LEAF with TMS hits the market. The greater the glut of unsold 40 kWh LEAFs, the sooner the fire sale will start.

eatsleafsandshoots said:
jdcbomb said:
I'm wondering if NIssan will continue to increase their incentives as there are quite a few 2018 MY just sitting on lots here in Raleigh, NC. It seems the local utility rebates (mine is Duke Energy) are continuing through the end of the year also.

Same here in Colorado, there are tons of 2018 Leafs sitting on the lots even when you can get an S with QC for $24k + tax (before rebate, $16k or so after rebate). That price is VERY tempting but I wonder if it's going to go even lower.
I'm not sure what you are calling a rebate.

Your figures sound like:
29k for the car
(5k) Colorado tax credit (processed by dealer)
----
(7.5k Federal tax credit)
------
------
$16.5k (before TT&L)

Excluding the tax credits, the dealership has only really discounted the car by the QC package. I expect deals a lot better than that in the coming months, although you may have to buy out of state to get them and apply for the state credit at tax time. Yes, you can buy out of state and collect the state EV credit. I did so in 2017 with my Toyota PHEV.

As an example of what an out-of-state purchase gets you today:
https://www.bommaritonissanhazelwoo...AF-SV_Hatchback-Hazelwood-MO/3224073533#close
$16.75 for the LEAF SV after the Colorado tax credit if you qualify for all the Nissan discounts.

Back