Waiting for an SD card

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chimpfreq

I made the mistake of leasing a LEAF without asking to see the specific car first. When the papers were signed, they gave me a LEAF without an SD card (so none of the central controls work) and told me they'd have one overnighted to them so I could pick it up.

Well here we are a week later and no sign of that SD card. :oops:

Can anyone tell me (a) how long is reasonable to wait for that card (is it coming from Japan?) and (b) do I have any reasonable course of action besides waiting for them to have this part delivered.

Thanks
Steve

In my experience, 4 months.

(not kidding).

LEAF parts availability is horrible, Nissan should be ashamed, but they take any action until owners make a little more noise.

I assume that having someone here upload the contents of their SD card to Dropbox or something for you to download onto an SD card you bought from Amazon or Best Buy would not work?

very nice of you to offer Boourns but apparently it is linked to your VIN number so that won't work
but thanks
-steve

This 2011 leaf that I purchased from a Lexus dealer had it's SD (SIM Card) stolen, while I was interested in this leaf I told them I wouldn't buy it until they got it in working order, they finally took the Leaf to a Nissan dealer to have the SD card installed, took around 2 to 3 weeks.

Fred

Boourns said:
I assume that having someone here upload the contents of their SD card to Dropbox or something for you to download onto an SD card you bought from Amazon or Best Buy would not work?

Doesn't work that way, it's a SIM Card like the one installed in your Cell phone to connect to AT&T.
Final cost was $405.00 for it.

Fred

chimpfreq said:
I made the mistake of leasing a LEAF without asking to see the specific car first. When the papers were signed, they gave me a LEAF without an SD card (so none of the central controls work) and told me they'd have one overnighted to them so I could pick it up.

Well here we are a week later and no sign of that SD card. :oops:

Can anyone tell me (a) how long is reasonable to wait for that card (is it coming from Japan?) and (b) do I have any reasonable course of action besides waiting for them to have this part delivered.

Thanks
Steve

Lemon Law, turn the car back in and ask for another one. The leaf is new and not working like it suppose to be. Check your Lemon Laws for your State.

Fred

Wennfred said:
Boourns said:

Doesn't work that way, it's a SIM Card like the one installed in your Cell phone to connect to AT&T.

Fred

Ah, I see. I thought there was a separate SIM card, and the SD contained navigation maps, like the DVDs do in other/older cars.

To follow up...dealer gave me a loaner while my car sits with them awaiting card...seemed like a reasonable compromise. They will be paying for the card, etc.

Unless the 2013 is different from the 2011 and 2012, that is correct. The Nav Card is a Secure SD Card and is married to the vehicle. Copying it or moving it to another vehicle will do you no good as it will not work.

The Carwings Telematics has an internal SIM that is not customer accessible per se and is used only for AT&T Telematics access. It, too, is married to the car and your Carwings ID.

Boourns said:
Wennfred said:
Boourns said:
Ah, I see. I thought there was a separate SIM card, and the SD contained navigation maps, like the DVDs do in other/older cars.

TomT said:
The Carwings Telematics has an internal SIM that is not customer accessible per se and is used only for AT&T Telematics access. It, too, is married to the car and your Carwings ID.

Much to the chagrin of Canadians who would like to import a LEAF from the USA and have Carwings work.

Back