Walgreens Installing 800 Charge Stations before 2012

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
fooljoe said:
I've seen 2 new Walgreens Chargepoint units here in So Cal, one at Valley View and Chapman in Garden Grove and one at Sepulveda and Grand in El Segundo. I just drove by the GG one but plugged into the ES one today and it was free. However, this is in a very busy parking lot and in the 2 times I've been there I've seen 3 ICE cars parked in the spot. Today I got lucky that someone in the next spot over left just as I got there and the cord could reach.

The ES spot and others in the area of the lot are all labeled Walgreens 30 minute only, nothing about EV only, so good luck if you ever really need a charge. And the GG one is only a stone's throw from the QC at Mitsubishi so it doesn't add much value, but I guess it's nice Walgreens is trying.

I think SoCal people are not allowed to use the acronym "GG" to refer to places down south. There's really only 1 place people will think of with they see that term, and it's not in LA. :D

yoyofella said:
I think SoCal people are not allowed to use the acronym "GG" to refer to places down south. There's really only 1 place people will think of with they see that term, and it's not in LA. :D
I don't get it...

philaphonic said:
Hmm, maybe they should put a meter on the parking space and not the charger!
IMO, that's a good idea as it helps to keep people from blocking the charger when they're done charging - unless the Coulomb units charge as long as they are plugged in? Still haven't used a Coulomb myself...

Garden Grove is the only thing that comes to my mind...

fooljoe said:
yoyofella said:
I don't get it...

TomT said:
Garden Grove is the only thing that comes to my mind...

fooljoe said:
yoyofella said:
I don't get it...
As a native of the San Francisco Bay Area, I believe the reference was to a rather large, world-renowned, iconic, orange-painted steel structure which just celebrated its 75th Anniversary (and/or the western entrance to SF Bay, which it spans).

Note to self: Henceforth, when used in written/spoken conversation with those living in the Great Smog Basin south of the Tehachapis, the abbreviation 'L.A.' will refer to 'Los Altos' (and only Los Altos). :lol:

Back