Wet Okole Seat Cover Group Buy **COMPLETED**

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Rake said:
Skywagon said:
Ah i see. If you read the thread he admits that it is usually not allowed, because it can be a fashion disaster, and he had to fight to get it. He also says the price was around $600, so no discount for him, I'm thinking.
In my talks with WO, they don't offer this, so I don't know what the circumstances were behind it.
They have already been so generous, and willing to work with us, I won't be the one to bug them for any more favors. We're already getting special treatment. If we make a name for ourselves now as being a pain in the butt, we can kiss any future discounts goodbye IMO.

folks here be a pain in the butt, seek special treatment, complain? Never happen.

Rake, thank you again for all the work it took (still taking) to put this opportunity together for us. I ordered a set for myself and one for my son`s Leaf today. It was a breeze doing the ordering with the Okole rep.. Especially after seeing the thinking of the people in the various posts of this thread. I was told I will receive my order in 2 to 3 weeks.

Light gray (21) and charcoal (11) full piping for both sets. I thought about a blue logo but did not order it.

stanley said:
Light gray (21) and charcoal (11) full piping for both sets. I thought about a blue logo but did not order it.
Great! Yeah, visually, I still prefer the 21-21-11P. But my wife reminded me of all the stuff my kid throws around the car and charcoal may, arguably, go better with that. Oh well... :)

Well, I asked nicely and they will do a standard kit with substituting the black for another color. I have #11 Charcoal with #21 Light Gray inserts, no piping, being made for my car. They will also apply the 20% discount, if you ask nicely, if you want to order an additional set for one of your other cars.

Thanks again Rake for setting-up this group buy.

Good tip on the black substitute Skywagon, I just ordered the same (charcoal outside, light gray inside)! With a blue LEAF logo.

Nancy

wildcatzoo said:
Good tip on the black substitute Skywagon, I just ordered the same (charcoal outside, light gray inside)! With a blue LEAF logo.

Nancy

Part of me thought to stay quiet and have the only one that way... oh well... haha. The black sides are too much contrast for the interior. The charcoal and gray should look nice.

Ordered my seat covers today, 21-21-23P with zero emission logo in royal blue, and seat heaters. Car is ocean blue.

I have not historically used seat covers in any car, but the thing that really made me pull the trigger was the seat heaters.

Of course I will have my seat covers long before I ever get the car...current estimated date is "Month of July".

Well, I asked nicely and they will do ...

It must be a question of being Extra Nice
I was told that they don't do 3 colors - the information here is wrong
sounds familiar :D

I guess I will be nice and not be an A _ _ and try to push the issue

I would have preferred the 11/21/23p but I am sure I will be happy with the
21/21/23p that I had ordered

I just ordered mine:

21-23P front seats only, full piping.
'gun' tote for drivers seats.
heaters for both.

$325.59 delivered. Not too bad. :)

The fun part will be figuring out how and where to install a switch for the seat heaters so that I can have drivers, passenger, or both on. Time to buy/download the service manual, I think!!! :lol:

Jimmydreams said:
The fun part will be figuring out how and where to install a switch for the seat heaters so that I can have drivers, passenger, or both on. Time to buy/download the service manual, I think!!! :lol:
Jimmy, here's an opportunity for YOU to add to our growing list of MNL-approved LEAFmods! As you must know, each Wet Okole seat heater needs its own "cigarette lighter." I don't think most of us want two wires snaking around the cabin to the power outlet. Speaking of which, where is/are the outlet(s) in the LEAF?

I'd love to add the heaters to my WE order next week, but would like to have this "cosmetic" issue addressed first.

Your chance to shine, JimmyD!

Glenn

I've also been thinking about how to install switches for the heated seats. There are two spots on the center console that I believe are for the Nissan heated seat switches (shipped with plastic plugs in place since we currently can't get that option). Does anyone know what other Nissan cars have heated seat switches that would fit into these spaces? Does the service manual show that all cars are prewired for heated seats or is there a different wire harness assembly?

Jimmydreams said:
I just ordered mine:

21-23P front seats only, full piping.
'gun' tote for drivers seats.
heaters for both.

$325.59 delivered. Not too bad. :)

I get the map pocket in the back, but what for and where is the gun tote?

thankyouOB said:
I get the map pocket in the back, but what for and where is the gun tote?

The 'gun tote' is a matching pocket that hangs down right in front of the seat (between your legs) for storing a gun or anything else you want easily accessible but semi-secured.

I didn't order the map pockets because I was told they only come in black....I thought that might look a little silly on lt grey seats. Besides, in all my cars, I rarely use the behind-the-seat storage....whatever gets put in there sits there until I clean the car!!! (read: garbage container)
:lol:

Can anyone explain the seat cover terminology to me? I am signed up for a discounted order and would like to place my order this week.

What does piping mean? Half piping? When Wet Okole says "solid colors", do they actually mean black sides? Does the Wet Okole light gray match the LEAF light gray interior? If I want my seat covers to look pretty much like the actual seats, do I have to order full piping? Piping light gray also? Is it possible to get all gray covers with no piping?

I don't think the LEAF has any lumbar support adjustment, correct? Do you have any experience with the Wet Okole air bladder lumbar support system?

LEAF airbags do deploy from the front seat sides, correct?

I would appreciate anything else you think might be helpful. I have no experience with seat covers, and the Wet Okole sounds like a great product. However, I have found their website confusing and their help not too helpful.

Thanks very much.

I too am getting ready to place an order, and here's what I've figured out (mostly from reading this thread).

If you want (matching) "all grey" seats, that's full piping #21 (period); you can get some blue #23 "seams" with that as well.
The standard version is black on the outside and grey on the inside; it seems as though you can replace/substitute charcoal #11 for the black if you ask; you can also request the console cover to match.

Finally, they are offering graphics (LEAF, Zero Emission, etc.) at an additional cost.

Of course, there's many other combinations, but this is what I'm looking at to match my car (standard+graphic).

Q:What does piping mean?
A:piping is a small folded trim for the seams, often used in a contrasting color.

Q:When Wet Okole says "solid colors", do they actually mean black sides?
A:I think they are referring to material that is not printed, like the hibiscus or camo is.

Q:Does the Wet Okole light gray match the LEAF light gray interior?
A:Not exactly, but it's close. Dye lots can vary slightly as well.

Q:If I want my seat covers to look pretty much like the actual seats, do I have to order full piping? Piping light gray also? Is it possible to get all gray covers with no piping?
A:Yes, for all one solid color, you must get the "full piping" option, with matching piping color. As for the no piping on a full piping set, you will have to ask them.

Q:Do you have any experience with the Wet Okole air bladder lumbar support system?
A:I personally do not. I would imagine they operate somewhat like a blood-pressure cuff does.

Q:LEAF airbags do deploy from the front seat sides, correct?
A:Yes.

Back