What does the start button do on the AV EVSE

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Luft

This sounds like a stupid question but I have my LEAF setup with a timer that both starts and ends at midnight. It takes my battery to 80%

I decided to charge to 100% so I pressed the START button. Nothing.

So I have to ask. If pressing the START button on AV's EVSE doesn't start the charging process what does it do?

It's not a big deal. I just pressed the timer override button in the car but it would have been nice to just press the start button on the EVSE and have it... You know... start.

Well, the only time I've ever been able to see it do anything is if I hit the STOP button first, then hit the start button it will start back up again.
I use the STOP button a lot. If I am going out to my car and it is still charging, I'll press that button before yanking the J1772 out. I know I can just yank the cord and the charge will stop that way too, but I just feel more comfortable having the relays open before I pull the cord.

Luft said:
This sounds like a stupid question but I have my LEAF setup with a timer that both starts and ends at midnight. It takes my battery to 80%

So I have to ask. If pressing the START button on AV's EVSE doesn't start the charging process what does it do?

It's not a big deal. I just pressed the timer override button in the car but it would have been nice to just press the start button on the EVSE and have it... You know... start.
Since you had a timer set on the Leaf, the EVSE cannot control the charging. As adric22 correctly stated, the only reason for this button is if you had pressed the Stop button in AV's basic configuration. In theory, if you had a timer or load shedding device integrated with the unit, the Start button would override that.

Luft said:

If you want to charge to 100% then you use the timer off button or timer over ride button inside the LEAF. The start button on the evse doesn't override the timers in the LEAF as noted by other replies.

Back